“The Most Comfortable Beds in the Business...”

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
San Luis Obispo, California
“The Most Comfortable Beds in the Business...”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel/location. I think whoever thought up Four Points got it absolutely right when they thought of spending the money where it absolutely counts: The most comfortable beds/pillows I've slept on outside of my own home.

Of course, being a Starwood Property, they've got the other bases covered: Very Clean, Moderately Upscale, Great Room/Guest Amenities, Extremely Friendly/Professional Staff, Free Shuttle Services, Breakfasts Prepared to Order etc. But I'll tell you what, the Bed is what sold me on a second visit. I remembered it was a great night sleep, I just forgot how great.

My Story: Last Saturday, like so many others traveling out of MSP that day, my flights connecting in Denver were cancelled due to a snow storm in Denver. So after standing in lines and realizing that there were no alternatives, I agreed to leave the next morning. I then opened up my laptop and began looking for a hotel. It was then that I remembered my last positive experience at Four Points, I remembered that bed being super comfortable. The rate was very reasonable so I booked it. I called their shuttle and like clockwork, they met me just as I was walking out the terminal. They were extremely friendly and understanding, made me feel very welcome. Even though I was there just before noon, they had me up to my room straight away. When I got up there, I decided to take a nap after a 5am wake-up and no flight. As soon as I hit the bed, I knew I made the right decision to stay there. It's the one thing most hotels overlook and (if you think about it) it's ultimately what you spend the most time doing in a hotel. Best sleep I had all week!

Bottom line: Clean, Upscale without being overbearing, Extremely Friendly, Professional and Helpful staff, Decent Amenities, Perfect Location, Reasonably Priced and (best of all) THE MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS...

Room Tip: If your flight was cancelled due to weather, get a voucher saying so from the airline, Four Points h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Earlier in the week I had an appointment in Minneapolis, however a snow storm was rolling through the midwest. I decided to travel to the twin cities the night before to avoid a 3 hour drive in a snowstorm. I put in a booking at the 4 Points Hotel.

The hotel was easy to get to as it was right off the highway. The building itself has recently been remodeled. The desk clerk was friendly and professional. The rooms while a little small were clean and modernized. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet allowing for a good nights rest. If one does not want to use the restaurant and bar on site there are plenty of restaurants and shopping options nearby.

If there was anything I didn't like, it was the use of florescent light bulbs in the light fixtures. While I applaud the hotels green efforts this style light bulb takes away the warmness of all the other colors used in the room. Though this is not anything that would keep me from visiting this hotel again.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Midwest
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked our stay through Priceline and got a great deal for two nights. So easy to reach right of 494 and I 35. Considering we hate the traffic we loved the location. The front desk clerks were all very friendly. Everything has been recently updated so it has a very clean, modern feel to it. we had a king size bed and although the room was small for space with the large bed, it met our needs fine. it was clean, updated and modern like the rest of the hotel. wonderful shower but again, small bathroom. Nice happy hour prices From 5-7 which we enjoyed before going out. a 24 hour shuttle service to the MOA and airport is nice. hopefully you do not get our driver to the mall. she was a speed demon and we finally had to ask her to slow down as roads were slick and she could have easily caused a bad accident!! The driver who picked us up was much better and both were very nice and courteous. The hotel is close to many restaurants (reward members can have a free breakfast) and a great place for a park and ride to the airport. Hope to stay here again when bidding for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Ia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The motel is going through a complete remodel but you wouldn't know it. The rooms were very nice with great decor and the staff was outstanding. The shuttle service to the mall was very handy because they dropped you off by the door and picked you up when you called. The motel is in a very good location to get to the mall or the airport, easy access off the interstate.

Room Tip: Before getting breakfast in the morning, check with front desk about it. It was very good food but...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I came back to the Four Points after several great stays in the past several months. They have nearly completed their renovation and it is a job well done. The room exhibits a clever use of space and design. I loved the cube storage bins in place of dresser drawers, the multiple bedside outlets for phones, iPads and E-readers, the cube ottomans tucked into the bedside tables for extra seating, the side table tucked under the desk for an L-shaped work space……..and on and on.
The bedding is plush and offers a comfy sleep. The lighting is good in the work area, but a bit dim elsewhere. The blackout shades make sleeping in or turning in early easy. Oh and I did I mention it was spotless?
This hotel remains one of the few to offer a dog-friendly environment. That is a big plus for me. They do not charge extra and there is no size limit. I am loyal for that alone!!
My only complaint was the room service. The grilled sandwich I ordered was not grilled at all. It was two pieces of Texas Toast and fillings warmed up (microwaved?). Not a big complaint, just not what I expected. I have had better luck visiting the restaurant in person. The food was good then.
Plenty of parking, a nice pool and whirlpool and complementary newspapers (USA Today and WSJ). They also have a small offering of snacks, toiletries, etc. for purchase in the lobby in case you forget something.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel staff are personable and professional. The room looks like it has a recent remodel and is one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in. The restaurant has good food and reasonable, and a good happy hour. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for any occasion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Listen, the staff is friendly but they can't even get their TVs to work. I have been stuck in their cafeteria trying to watch a sporting event because they can't get basic cable channels like espn to work.

Would rather see some solutions orientation, an apology, a bag of chips, a different room or anything but their now closed partially cafeteria.

Again, the people are great here but the facilities don't work and ultimately a friendly attitude can't solve that.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!