I stayed at the Four Points MSP this past Monday and Tuesday (August 13-14th) and was efficiently checked in by a friendly front desk clerk. It was immediately clear renovations were in-progress as debris littered the lobby and elevators. My room was worn, though acceptable in terms of comfort and amenities. I was, however, disappointed to not be assigned a room on the Sheraton Preferred Guest floor as I was a Gold member since these rooms are typically nicer in terms of quality and comfort. Given the in-progress renovations, I can understand that it's possible the SPG floor was unavailable.
What was NOT acceptable was the construction work commencing at 7:45AM. Guest service staff assured me the work had not yet started but I know sanding and hammering when I hear it. The hammering and sanding turned into full-blown jackhammering by the afternoon which made it impossible for me to work in the guest room. I contacted the front desk and was put in touch with Adam, the General Manager. Adam was apologetic and immediately offered me access to the restaurant where work could be done in a quiet surrounding. In addition, he offered to either transfer me to another SPG property in the area or add Starwood points to my account. Given that I had to leave for local work in the area that afternoon (and would be leaving the property for several hours until later in the evening), I decided to gut it out and just took the Starwood points. It's now been several days since the points were promised to be "posted immediately" and nothing is on my account. In addition, a call to the property today resulted in no staff member being able to address my point concern (I spoke with Conner).
What was most frustrating regarding the stay was:
A) Lack of notice on the SPG website that a major renovation is in place which might significantly detract from guest comfort. Had I been aware of this fact I would have looked to stay at another Starwood property in the area.
B) The promised point service guarantee recovery have not posted to my SPG account 5 days later.
Positives regarding the stay were the very cheerful guest service staff, location of the hotel (close to MSP airport and ample restaurant options within easy walking distance) and comfortable bedding in the guest room which was up to Sheraton standards.
I would not hesitate to return to this property in the future after the renovations are complete assuming the General Manager follows through with the promised service guarantee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Minneapolis Airport offers free shuttle service to and from the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport. We also have a flexible meeting space, perfect for seminars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Minneapolis Airport
- Four Points By Sheraton Minneapolis Airport Hotel Richfield
- Ramada Hotel Richfield
- Hampton Inn Richfield
- Richfield Ramada
- Four Points By Sheraton Mall Of America Minneapolis Airport Richfield, MN