Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our family stayed here over 10 years ago when it was a Hampton Inn. The "Ramada" name is a bit misleading as I believe it is a Four Points Sheraton now, this was a bit confusing as we had a coupon for the Ramada, but the name on the hotel is Four Points. The lobby makeover is well done, but the room makeovers are not as good, the heating/AC unit was really showing its age. The beds and pillows however were cozy. The location is great - easy access to Target Field, MOA, and IKEA. Einstein Bagels, and Chipotle Grill across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Elmhurst, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Missed our connection to ORD and had to overnight at MSP. Called the "Airport Accommodations" toll free number for a distressed traveler rate. At $59 a night I happily grabbed it as the Airport Hilton and Sheraton were both $89.
Ramada property's run hot or cold on cleanliness and service so I didn't know what to expect when we arrived at midnight. What a pleasant surprise. Our first impression was the lobby which was spotless and had a desk with two computers available for guest's internet use. Free WIFI was also available in the room.
The room was average in size and very clean, as was the bathroom which had four fluffy towels and a small assortment of toiletries. A small one cup coffee maker was in the bathroom offering Wolfgang Puck coffees.
A flat screen HD TV gave us enough television options. The small desk was adequate for the online work I needed to do. I never heard any noise from the outside or the hallway during the night.
The continental breakfast was fine for us and included cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, bagels/English Muffins and regular muffins with juices/coffee and teas.
I was pleasantly pleased with this property and will consider it again if I need to overnight in MSP.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

OK for the price paid, but hotel appears to be in a building that perhaps at a previous life as a nursing home or office building, as it seems to be laid out that way. Rooms were a tad bit small, not very much service that I could tell, lobby was boring and small, very meager vending choices. Breakfast the next morning was pathetic, so I skipped it after taking a look. Price was worth what I got, and very close to airport, so for one night for a crash pad near the airport - not a bad value. But if you want amenities and luxury, keep looking.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I booked it through Hotwire, which according to them doesn't guarantee you anything. When I got there, they gave me a room that already had people in it! Back at the desk nobody knew what to do. They couldn't figure out who was in that room or what to do with us. They said all they had left was a smoking king (for 4 of us) or a suite. I told them I would take the suite but they wouldn't give it to me, even with my argument of just walking in on people. It was after 11pm, so I took the smoking king and they gave me a cot. The room was decent, bed was comfy, but it wasn't clean enough for me... hair on the sink and garbage under the couch. Breakfast was OK. When we arrived at 11 pm, the lobby was full of people just hanging around, seemed odd and uncomfortable. I would not go there again, and it was definitely not worth the price paid.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pub_crawler
Burnham, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

Our travel agent had booked us into the Hampden Hotel in Lyndale Ave, however when we arrived from MSP airport, in spite of over 1 hour spent searching, in heavy rain, we were unable to locate the hotel. We noticed a Ramada Hotel in approximately the correct location and having arrived at the front door, realised that the address was the same as the "Hampden". It transpired that the hotel had changed its name 2 or 3 years ago, but is still listed on websites as the Hampden. I'm surprised that Ramada have not checked to see that their hotel is correcty listed, as the current situation must cause great confusion, annoyance and inconvenience to guests.
The hotel is clean and comfortable, the staff were helpful and the hotel was ideally located for our purpose. It would have helped us if there was a clear sign at street level and the building number was not obscured for long periods by the hotel's shuttle bus, also the front entrance could be better lit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
DougBremer, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you for your review of your experience at our hotel.
I am pleased to hear that our staff was helpful, and that your stay with us was comfortable. We strive to provide the best service to our guests and it is very encouraging to recieve your kind words.
I am very concerned about the confusion that you experienced while making your reservation and prior to your arrival. I am sorry that you had any difficulty. We did change our name in 2008 and we went through great lengths to insure a smooth transition, however it looks as though we were not thorough enough. I have included my email address and it would be very helpful if you were able to tell me which travel agency/websites you are referring to.
Our hotel's signage and lighting are amongst the improvements we are currently planning, so I will include your suggestions in our considerations.
It is our goal to be the best hotel that we can, and your comments and suggestions bring us closer to that goal, so pease know that they are taken seriously and that you are appreciated.

Doug Bremer
Director of Sales
Ramada Minneapolis Airport West
612-243-1636
dbremer@ramadarichfield.com
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

I went to visit Minneapolis/St. Paul for the weekend and was trying to keep my costs down so I thought it would be better to stay a bit outside the city. This hotel was exactly what I was looking for in that it was safe, clean, and fairly priced, while still being close enough to the hot spots I wanted to see. I had a rental car, which helped, and I found everything was pretty close. It's about a 15 minute drive to Lake Harriet and Calhoun, a 10 minute drive to Minehaha Parkway, and 20 minutes to get almost anywhere downtown. Also, it's really convenient for airport traffic- maybe 10 minutes away right up the freeway. I thought the staff was friendly and helpful with my questions about getting around, and the breakfast in the morning is decent with cereals, oatmeal, bagels/toast, fruit, and juices. The room was nothing luxurious, but I was only there to sleep and shower so it met my needs and was fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
DougBremer, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel!
Your feedback is very valuable to us and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself here.
We feel fortunate to be in a location that offers such easy access to all of the places you mentioned and many more; and we are proud to have a healthy and hearty breakfast available to you each morning.
Thank you again for choosing us for your stay and for placing this review.
I am here to help, so please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Doug Bremer
Director of Sales
Ramada Minneapolis Airport West
612-243-1636
dbremer@ramadarichfield.com
Fargo ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I had a free night stay. Even though I mentioned it on the phone when booking and giving the front desk clerk my discount certificate upon check-in I was still booked at full price. On my check-out sheet there was no discount indicated so I verified with the front desk and they were gonna charge my card for full price. Luckily I brought it to their attention so they could change it. I still had to pay for tax of $14 even though it was for a free night stay.

Hotel and rooms are kept pretty clean but they could use some updating. Our room had two double beds. There was a flat screen tube tv. Ya know, one of those old, heavy things. And the volume didn't work on the remote. The room seemed a bit on the smaller side. The bathroom had a coffee maker on the counter. Gross! Not that it was dirty - it's just the idea that a coffee maker is in the same small area that you *ahem* conduct business. The alarm had been set from a previous occupant so we all woke up at 7am.

I think the best part of the whole stay was the soap. It's this citrus smelling stuff. Mmmm, nice! The second best part was probably the continental breakfast. Nothing great but the dining area was roomy and bright. The offerings were oranges, green apples, 3 kinds of oatmeal, 4 kinds of cereal, 2 kinds of muffins, toast, bagels and english muffins. Apple juice, orange juice and cranberry juice, coffee and milk. That was probably the hottest coffee I have ever had in my life.

There is a pool but it's very small and it's extremely dark in that room. When my family went swimming at 9am there were no towels except all the dirty ones from the day before. I had to ask twice before they restocked any. Pool hours are 7am-10pm. Adult only from 10pm-11pm.

We did request extra towels and washclothes to our room and those were promptly brought up.

They have two computers and a printer for guests to use in their lobby which was handy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!