“Very Good Vietnamese”

Vina Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 143 Restaurants in Richfield
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Twenty-five years ago, every time a business closed in the Twin-cities a new Vietnamese restaurant opened in its place. Most of them have faded away. Of the ones that remain, the food quality has deteriorated, but not so with Vina. The food at Vina is excellent, the best in the Twin-cities as far as I'm concerned. The dinning room isn't fancy, but it is more comfortable and pleasant than many small ethnic restaurants. We eat there several times a month and especially like the egg roles, the shrimp fried rice, and the fried tofu.

1  Thank ewallj

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Everything at this restaurant is good but their Hot Spicy Chicken is a drive 50 miles out of your way to die for meal. Bring clients from all over the world to this place when in the Twin Cities and I have yet to hear one complaint.

Egg Rolls (Vietnamese Style) and Spring Rolls are also very good but it is the Hot Spicy Chicken that keeps me coming back over and over.

1  Thank dryflywhodat
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We live nearby so gave it a try. Service was good, food was pretty good. I enjoyed my pho (soup dish). Place seemed decent and clean, nothing fancy, but also not super basic (i.e. it had a little ambiance). I will be trying it again, another dish... we'll see how it goes. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have to admit that I haven't had a lot of items from the menu. I've eaten here for lunch many times, but usually ordered the lunch special.

In particular, I liked the Kung Pao Chicken. It's not Vietnamese food, but it was very flavorful and the price is good. I've had several other items that are good, too.

What stands out is their egg rolls. They are the best. Literally, the best I've had. Sometimes I'll stop by when I'm in the area just to get them to go.

Give Vina a try. As one reviewer said, it's not authentic Vietnamese food, which I won't debate, but it is tasty and their prices are in line with other Asian restaurants (and their lunch specials are great).

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Tasty, good size and well portioned noodle soups.
Best part (for me) was that it can be optionally made with vegetarian broth and tofu can be substituted in. Am a fan - will go back.