“Fantastic Egg Rolls” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Fantastic Egg Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have to admit that I haven't had a lot of items from the menu. I've eaten here for lunch many times, but usually ordered the lunch special.

In particular, I liked the Kung Pao Chicken. It's not Vietnamese food, but it was very flavorful and the price is good. I've had several other items that are good, too.

What stands out is their egg rolls. They are the best. Literally, the best I've had. Sometimes I'll stop by when I'm in the area just to get them to go.

Give Vina a try. As one reviewer said, it's not authentic Vietnamese food, which I won't debate, but it is tasty and their prices are in line with other Asian restaurants (and their lunch specials are great).

• Visited July 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Vegetarian perspective”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Tasty, good size and well portioned noodle soups.
Best part (for me) was that it can be optionally made with vegetarian broth and tofu can be substituted in. Am a fan - will go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great eggrolls but average entrees at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We went to Vina on a Saturday evening with a party of four and there was plenty of seating available. The staff was prompt and we received everything in a very timely fashion. Out of the 2 appetizers and 4 entrees that I tried, the only thing that I would order again was the egg rolls. I didn't request any additional spice on 2 of the "spicy" dishes, and later greatly regretted that move. I was told that they didn't have any simbal (spelling probally incorrect) but I could have Sricha, which unfortunetly was needed to make the food worth eating.
I will not visit again. If I am in the neighborhood and craving that food, I would go to LeeAnn Chins across the street. At least the food would taste close to what it is suppose to.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank 43323Tom
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THAT'S IT FOR ME!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

OK, so I have been a Vina customer for AT LEAST 20, maybe 30 year, one location or the other. EVERY TIME I show up, that lady, that hostess, looks right through me and doesn't greet me like the loyal/returning customer that I am. That ticks me off, but let's pretend she not the most socially adept. Then what about being PROFESSIONAL? What about procuring repeat business by making your customers feel valued, noticed, and appreciated? On to the menu. Sign posted, "Credit cards $10 minimum." Who does that? So I was forced to order more than the lunch special, which came in at about $7.50. I added the crispy pork spring rolls to my order so now we are up to a WHOPPING $14 for lunch!! Guess what was crispy about the spring roll? It was that there is an egg roll rolled and cellophane noodles are rolled up in a spring roll rice paper! THAT'S A CRISPY PORK SPRING ROLL? The spicy chicken entree was gross. The chicken was full of chewy globules of fat, and the meat was chopped in varying sizes, making it harder to eat and definitely affecting the presentation. The crap in my Styrofoam clam shell looked more like cafeteria slop than yummy Vietnamese food. And did I mention the over-cooked, flavor-less fried rice that comes with the meal? YUCK! I won't go back. Never. I will stick with my beloved Quang Restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Happy2Taste
Edina, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not traditional Vietnamese food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Came here looking for Mi Xao Bo, they had no idea of that was. Asked for Cafe Su Da, "sorry, we are out". Asked for Pho Thai, but no Basil, just bean shoots.

In a word, not impressed.

1 Thank Mark H