“Unfortunate”

Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The last few reviews are right on. The place does seem to be in a state of deterioration. Although, IMO, part of the uncleanliness atmosphere is the way the food station is set up. It is very difficult to fill your bowl without dropping stuff everywhere just because of the clumsy setup. Why the cooking stations look like a cesspool is another matter. I really don't think they clean up there anymore.

I used to love Khan's. It was one of my fav places to eat. But the problem is, it isn't close and it is more expensive than the competition, significantly. I would tolerate the higher expense and drive time because they gave you this delicious chicken wing and soup with your meal. That has ended, apparently. Per the server in a cost cutting move. Now you get some lame fritos look-a-like wonton chips and "salsa". You can still get the chicken wing but now it is .95 cents each. The Mbbq is already way more than other places, particularly if (like me) you only get one bowl of food, I'm not about to add to that expense. This isn't fine dining, it is like a buffet. It shouldn't hit the wallet so hard, to be blunt.

So unfortunately I believe last night will have been my final time to Khan's. With my chicken wing gone, I lost my tolerance for their higher prices. The cons now outweigh the pros to dining here. They may want to rethink their business model if they can't make it charging their current prices.

1  Thank Jettsett3

Reviewed October 9, 2011

A friend recommended this place and she felt horrible afterward. The restaurant itself is very dirty. The air vent above our table was covered in grease and dust. The grills the men were cooking on had grease drippings and burnt food pieces all over and the floor. I would have walked out if I would have been by myself.
It is the kind of restaurant you take out what you want from the island from a bowl and they cook it for you while you wait. I chose pork, medium spicy. It ended up being dried out tasteless pieces of meat. The vegetables were ok. I told my waitress I didn't enjoy it and the manager came over and offered me another meal, which was nice of him, but I declined. The only good thing was the dumpling bread, while was soft dough with brown sugar and olive oil and sesame seeds inside. I will never be back.

1  Thank cwendeman
Reviewed September 6, 2011

While in town for the State Fair and MOA we decided to try the Richfield location since we were staying close by in Edina at the Westin (other review of mine). The place seemed small from the outside but it was rather large, bigger than the one we typically go to in Roseville, MN.

We got there about 6pm on Sat just in time before a rush of other families. This is my wife's favorite restaurant chain that we would frequent weekly while we lived in MN for almost 6 years and it didn't disappoint. Typically you get a soup and chicken wings for an appetizer but they did away with that and serve some fried chips of some sort with a really nice sauce which was surprisingly excellent. I do miss my wings though.

Basically you have the appetizer as part of the meal and then you go up and load your bowl with all kinds of frozen pieces of meats (chicken, beef, pork, seafood) followed by thin or think noodles and a variety of fresh vegetables. Next you pick the level of cooking sauce you want to have it cooked in and usually i go for mild and my wife does medium. Then you take the bowl heaping with food to the cooks who throw it on an open metal slap and cook it right up in front of you. It takes about 5-10 min to cook and away you go.

You can go back as many times as you would like but usually once for me is more than enough although this time I tried a 2nd bowl for only my second time and couldn't finish it off. It usually expands in your stomach in about 10 min and really fills you up. The kids like my title said were "not impressed" but our 3 and 6 yr old got kid friendly chopsticks to try for first time and took them home and all they do is eat with them ever since.

I think the bill for our family of 4 came to around $40 and we love the meal although we both agree that we are still partial to the Roseville location where we have "Norm" status like on the TV show Cheers even today with one waiter who was our usual server. Give it a try as it really is a great value and food.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

This Kahns has seen better days, when we came in the restaurant it looked like it hadn't been cleaned or maintained in months. holes in the carpet on dirty floor, cooking station looked like it had never seen soap.
Food lines were surprisingly clean and stocked however we ate at 4:30 and not during the dinner rush. The staff was friendly and the service was normal but finding out what the system was to bring our food to the cooks was difficult with no barrier lines everyone just came up and handed them their plate of food. The food was average and not that appealing. i would find a better place to spend your money this place looks like its going out of business

2  Thank BillSasha
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed December 11, 2008

I could eat here every day

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook