“Better Than I Expected - Great Value - Quite Too!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We only paid $83/night (including tax) which was much less than I was quited by other hotels close to Mall of America. It was a nice facility (fresh, without too much wear and tear) and I thought it was a great value.

Although it was right next to the highway, there was very little traffic noise in the room, due to the double windows. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The lobby area was very nice and they had free coffee and tea (several flavors, with the fun syrups to put in the coffee. I like hazelnut!!) The breakfast included hot waffles, and the cleaning lady was constantly cleaning the breakfast area.

There is a gas station/convenience store across the street, so it is handy to get a snack, and also to gas up a rental car before heading for the airport (the hotel is right next to the highway entrance ramp, and close to the airport, so a good place to stay if you have an early flight to catch the next morning.

A word of caution: this is NOT within walking distance of Mall of America.

We enjoyed it, and would stay there again. It was a good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HeLikesToStayAndSay

Reviewed August 27, 2007

My faith in AmericInn is cracking. This is my second straight poor review of one of their hotels. We picked this hotel while on the road and paid the rate we were quoted over the phone. We wanted something close to the Mall of America and, that was about all we could be happy about.

The stay was okay, but there were several issues. First, the elevator was only partially painted and it looked like my toddler had been hired for the job. It looked really bad. But, that was a precursor for what we found after that. The third floor smelled like a smoldering ash tray. Thankfully, only a little of that seeped into our room. However, the non-smoking whirlpool suite had cigarette burns/marks on the TV, bathtub and several other furnishings.

The carpet was not very clean and, as you can see from the picture I posted, there was an easy chair with a HUGE visible stain over about ½ of its front side. The suite did have a hid-a-bed that was nicer and two mis-matched chairs, one that was quite sticky.

The bath towels were threadbear and thin and the bed spread was old and lacked the crisp look of other AmericInn hotels.

The smell of the room was a bit questionable and the neighborhood not too nice. It is close to the Mall of America and they do have the same amenities (indoor pool, “expanded” breakfast) that other AmericInns have.

It seems to me that AmericInn needs to take a look at some of its aging properties to protect its identity as one of the better Midwestern economy chains in the business.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sdski
Reviewed October 26, 2006

Given the location I thought the room rate of $72 (plus tax = $79) was very fair. Pool and hot tub area were great as I always find at Americinn. Check in guy was crabby--all other personell were great.
room was spacious and clean. breakfast was ok (recommend the waffles) but have had better at other Americinn locations. No fox news channel on cable they have only one ice machine which is not enough for a
facility of this size. lots of places to eat within less than a mile

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dmotl
Reviewed March 23, 2006

This place is a dump! I picked up a roach I found in the room with a napkin and brought it to the front desk. They were completely uninterested. They seemed to be aware of the issue but helpless to do anything about it.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank Kristenwins
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Stayed two nights on a business trip. I pre-paid thru Orbitz and needed to leave one night early. Orbitz didn't want to refund me for the unused night but the clerk gave helpful advice and I got my money refunded.

Had some problems with the wi-fi, but the clerk was very helpful and personally took my computer and showed me the setting changes I needed.

The room was exceptionally quiet, & well lit. Excellent free breakfast and the 24 hour coffee was great when I departed at 5 AM for my early flight.

2  Thank Philip H
Reviewed August 6, 2005

We stayed at this motel during our visit to the Mall of America. It was okay but we thought the mall was within walking distance, not! Shuttle service left alot to be desired, so we drove every day. Breakfast needed some variety, boring.
Staff was friendly and motel was clean, bed comfortable, pool area nice. Worst problem was the ice machine was always empty but they said someone was coming to work on it. I guess it was good for the value.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank realmccoy26150
Reviewed October 12, 2004

We spent Labor Day weekend (2004) at the Mall of America and stayed at this Americinn. What a great place to stay. The staff was wonderful, always helpful and friendly. We were very pleased with this hotel and will stay here again.

5  Thank leslie b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 43 in Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport? Share your experiences!