“Great Place To Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Third return visit and will stay there on future visits. Great location to Airport , Wood Lake, Mall of America, Southdale, Bauchmans, etc. Reasonable price. Excellent customer service. Rooms were spacious and beds comfortable. Great breakfeast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3Rd stay at this Americinn, and to say the least, it was fantastic. They were resurfacing the parking lot at the time, but it didn't inconvenience us one but. Raj, the GM, was very helpful and went the extra mile for us. Great as a base for using the Metro train or the Mall of America. We are definitely coming back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I picked this hotel because of its price and proximity to the Mall of America. I thought that most places had shuttles to the Mall. It is a great hotel and very nice staff and decent breakfast. We returned our car rental and then had to walk. Not too many restaurants close so we missed having a car. the hotel provided a shuttle to airport. The taxi driver did not know where to go, he was told Icelandair and he had no idea what Iceland was.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

To be fair I am not reviewing the rooms at this hotel. That is because we did not actually stay there, which turned out to be a good thing. Although I had a printed, confirmed reservation (emailed from the manager two days prior) my reservation was not in the system. The clerk called the reservation hotline and yes, indeed, we did have a reservation made weeks earlier through AmericINN.com. But guess what? AmericINN.com is a third party company that TAKES reservations for the chain, but is not responsible for them. We got "corporate" on the phone, and guess what? Most locations are independently owned, so corporate is not responsible for honoring reservations. The desk clerk did try to get a nearby location to honor the rate and find a room that fit our family, but they would not agree, and corporate was not able to convince them to agree either. (I was not demanding a lot: simply find us a relatively close AmericINN location that had a room to fit my family - and honor the confirmed rate.) LONG STORY SHORT: Reservations made via the AmericINN.com website are essentially meaningless, regardless of the confirmation you're given. All parties will just pass the buck...I was told several times the problem is with something mysterious known as "the internet."
Anyway, we found our own substitute hotel (using the mysterious internet) and paid a bit more for a much nicer location. To be blunt: this hotel is in the 'hood. There were dudes walking through the parking lot, lots of coming and going, hot rods on the street, people shouting, etc. We had some nice bikes on our car and there is no way I was leaving them outside in that neighborhood. (This is not a racist or inner city paranoia comment, I am referring to specific suspicious individuals.) I wouldn't recommend this location and am actually glad they screwed up the reservation.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel. And it is the 3rd time for a reason! We like it a lot. It is very easy to get to and the Mall of America is very close. Very reasonable prices. The staff is very friendly. I have nothing to complain about with this AmericInn!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived mid-day and were welcomed by a VERY friendly desk clerk. He even helped us get our bags into the motel. I have stayed at numerous AmericInn and our room could have used a little updating but was very comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was adequate and fresh. The same friendly desk clerk even printed off directions for us to my cousin’s house. The only negative was that the next morning, when getting ready to take a shower, we realized that there wasn't any soap, shampoo, etc. A trip to the desk and it was willing given with apologies. I would have liked a refrigerator and microwave that have been provided in other AmericInn locations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here when I was at a meeting nearby. Did not experience any major problems there. Have stayed at other Americinns that have microwave & refrigerator in all rooms--there were none in my room at this particular hotel.

Breakfast could have been a bit better--again compared to other Americinns not quite up to par.

Desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Would certainly stay here again since the location and price are right!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 42 in Bloomington
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Mall of America

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport? Share your experiences!