“Good experience”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
West Salem, WI
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family recently stayed for one night at this Americinn while on a weekend getaway for our sons B-day. I got a great a great price of $73 a night off of cheaptickets.com. We where traveling on a budget & didn't want to spend alot on a hotel that we only wanted to sleep at. This was the perfect hotel for that. It was only 1 mile from the Mall of America which was our main focus while there. I always worry about safety & cleanliness of a hotel when I get such a great deal but this hotel met all our needs. It's a older hotel but was very clean & quiet. We got to the hotel around 1:00 in the afternoon & the man at the front desk was very nice & allowed us to check in early. We had a standard 2 queen room on the first floor & it was plenty big for 2 adults & 2 kids. Once we got all our belongings in our room we spent the rest of the day at the MOA. We got back to the hotel after 9:00pm that night & decided to check out the pool & hot tub. The pool was kind of small yet still nice. The pool water was nice & warm & really enjoyed the hot tub. The pool closes at 11pm. Once we where in our room for the night it was very quiet & we didn't hear any noise from the rooms around or above us. They do offer a small breakfast in the morning. They offered the usual waffles, bagels, yogurt, biscuits & gravy, fruit, juice, & coffee. Nothing special but enough to fill us up for a while & saved money on having to go out for breakfast. We will stay at this AmericInn on our next visit to the MOA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momof2boys_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel. I stayed at the Americinn a few months ago on business. In that review, I stated that if I were ever in town for one night, I would be back.

Like the last time, the room was, overall, clean. The bed, though, was horrible. My wife, who likes a soft bed, even had an issue with this bed. We both rolled to the middle of the bed when we laid down. Time to get a new one! I felt like a giant walking into the bathroom. The room was small. The toilet and the tub almost looked like toys, they were so small. The sink was outside the bathroom.

Here is where a business either makes it or breaks it. I had two issues with the room I had to call the front desk for. The first, we noticed as soon as we walked in the room. The sink was full of water. I tried to lift the stopper but to no avail. I called the front desk. The staff member was so fast at responding, that he made it to our room before I could hang up the phone and get to the door. He apologized for the issue and fixed it immediately. Before I get to the other issue, I should note that the sink issue should have been reported by the maid staff before we ever arrived.

After a night out, we arrived back to our room around midnight. We went to turn on the T.V. only to find that the remote was missing. Again, I called the desk. I was told that an extra remote would be waiting for me at the desk. Now, there were two associates at the desk when we arrived just ten minutes earlier. Why should I have to retrieve the remote?

I understand that issues arrive. It is how the employees react that leaves the lasting impression on the customers.

Lastly, like last time, the breakfast is not worth the time, unless you are a fan of cold cereal. The hot food just is not good.

So, I said I would be back. I was. I am not as high on this property as I was last time. However, I will probably give them one more opportunity if I am ever back that way. I just will eat breakfast elsewhere.

One additional note, I did book this room through Priceline. I got a good price. What I am finding, though, when I have gone through a budget place like Priceline, the rooms we get are less appealing than if we had booked through the hotel itself. This stay, the room was smaller (not an issue). The bathroom was a joke. We stayed in room 114.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We checked in here for the price and the fact that it had an airport shuttle that runs 24 hours. Easy access to 494, Mall of America, and the airport. The front desk service was friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to help their customers, they were ordering pizza delivery for another couple when we were checking in! The room was clean, but smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. The breakfast was fair, typical continental breakfast food of waffles, yogurt, muffins, etc. It's a place we would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Was a decent place to stay but not something that I would recommend if you can find something else in the area. Rooms were nice and the price was good but there is really nothing within walking distance and unfortunately I was without a ride this time. I delivered a vehicle in the area and the new owner dropped me at the hotel. There is an Outback but that was the only thing available without calling a cab. Had no internet service in the room and no one seemed to be able to figure out why. Did have a free shuttle to the airport which was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I got there early and was able to check into my room. The room was clean and beds were vey comfort. My experience was great, the "staff" was friendly and the cleaning staff was also great. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and was very helpfully giving me directions on how to walk to places and how to catch the bus, and also able to walk to the Mall of America since I don't drive. Breakfast was the great, from waffles, eggs, biscuits, etc.You can have coffee (great) any time of the day. I will be happy to stay in another Americinn hotel.

Room Tip: My room was great no problems with it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Checked in and air conditioner was not working right; so was upgraded to a suite at no additional cost. The suite was very nice and clean and Anthony was wonderful. Always feel welcomed and fresh coffee! Have been staying at this location for years and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Nice clean big rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here on July 7, 2012 due to the price. $80 on Expedia. Easy to get to right off 494 and near both the airport and Mall of America. As stated by others bed was great, but wifi was pretty slow and only 1 ice machine. Breakfast was nice; waffles, biscuits and gravy, juice...etc. We will stay here again. There is a pool but we did not go swiming.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#36 of 43 in Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington East - Airport? Share your experiences!