“nice hotel for the price”
Review of Super 8 Red Wing

Super 8 Red Wing
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

If you are looking for a clean hotel with pool and spa, then the Super 8 is it. I have stayed there several times in the past month of December and each time I was not disappointed.

The internet worked great. The bed mattresses are new. The carpet is new. The pool area was very clean. The TV/cable worked well.

I would recommend this hotel if you were staying in the Red Wing area and wanted the best value over all the other hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Walnut, Iowa
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My sister & I stayed here for 3 nights. We slept very well because our beds were so comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. The front desk was efficient and friendly. The breakfast was good (even had Danish rolls), the swimming pool and whirlpool were both in good working condition (I thought the water in the pool was a bit too cool though), and the location is right in the "hub" of all the tourist activities we were wanting to go to. Thank you Red Wing, MN Super 8 for a very pleasant stay! Ruth & Carol

• Stayed October 2010
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were looking for a hotel at the last minute on our anniversary on a Saturday night as we were on a trip around the Wisconsin boarder. We were told that this was the only hotel in town that had rooms left. So I called and was told they had a king suite left and she would drop it down to $120.00 for the night. It seemed high for a Super 8 but we went to check it out.

It was located down by an industrial and run down area by the river with a train running right by the hotel. I did a quick check on trip advisor on my blackberry and was concerned about the comments of smoke and bedbugs from previous guests. As I approached the hotel I saw the paint was severely pealing and the walls were covered with some kind of bugs.

The girl at the desk was not real friendly and very uncaring with an attitude as she was busy reading a magazine or something. I asked about the bedbugs and she said they were just rumors. I asked if we could see the room first and she gave me a key. Walking down the corridor I was choking from the smoke and must oders. The room was at the end of the hotel and very dark. I looked out the window and saw it was covered with plywood and only thing visible was a dumpster as they must have been remodeling the room above.
This room was not worth $120.00 a night or even $30.00 a night and am glad we looked before we paid. We ended up finding a room at an Americinn about 20 miles away that was very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
nshah1, Owner at Super 8 Red Wing, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
TO WEGS:
Dear “WEGS” of Greenbay, Wisconsin.
We are very sorry that you could not stay at the Super 8. We value our customers very well and take your opinion seriously. Please note that the bugs you have seen are not bed bugs but box elder bugs that similar to ladybug which reside all over Red Wing during this time of the year as it is their mating season. Also note that at the time we were reconstructing our roof at the time which explains the big dumpster you have seen due to weather wear and tear. We are actually re-modeling the whole building to improve your stay. We have added new windows, new carpeting and new beds to the majority of the rooms and we are continuing to further improve it. We apologize for any misconceptions you have had had on us.
We want to assure you that you will not have this issue again if you come by and stop again through Red Wing. We want let you know that your review on us through Trip Advisor can hurt our newly owned business and we don’t want to lose our valued customers because of the review. We urge you to kindly reconsider what you wrote on the review based on what we explained above.
Once again we are terribly sorry for your inconvenience and hope that we did not ruin your anniversary weekend. Please give us a call if you are in town again. I know we will change your mind about us. Give us a call at 651-388-0491 and ask for the owner.
Sincerley,
-Neelam Shah
(Owner/Manager)

Travelers are raving about these Red Wing hotels

Madison
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I often stay at the Red Wing, MN Super 8 and I have always had great service. The owner and manager are always very curteous and accomodating. They have very nice rooms for the price and I often use the pool as well. I would recommend to everyone.

Shannon

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and polite. Owner/operator was always present. Rooms were just redone with new carpet and beds. Beds were excellent. The motel was next doors to a couple of restaurants and a bowling alley with cheap and delicious german beer and food. Would stay again!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Red Wing Super 8 and I highly recommend this "hidden gem" to others. First off, it is located in a terrific spot near a bowling alley, the Redf Wing pottery shops and a public boat landing on the Mississippi River. Second, the owner/manager of the hotel and his staff were a true delight (friendly, hard working and responsive). Third, my daughter has a small Westie dog and this hotel was kind enough to accomodate her needs (for an accaeptable and insignificant upcharge). This pet accomodation made things very nice for us as a family to all be able to stay in the same hotel. Finally, the pool and hot tub are clean and warm, the free continental breakfast is good, the spacious rooms were clean and much of the property is like new due to recent remodeling.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We arrived on a hot day, then given a newly refurbished room. Unfortunately, after quickly unpacking then visiting family, we returned to a hot room with faulty air conditioning. The night staff offered us a new room or fan and we proceeded from there. After that debacle, the stay was clean and well serviced.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#4 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to Super 8 Red Wing? Share your experiences!