“Fine Hotel”
Review of Super 8 Red Wing

Super 8 Red Wing
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed August 8, 2011

work in Red Wing once a month. First time staying at this hotel. Check in was fast, room was clean, frig and micro were a nice plus. Some of the other reviews knock the hotel about bed bugs and bad service, I see none of that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband works out of town alot and I along with our little dog travel with him. Our visit here was most comfortable, the owner is a working one they are very accommodating along with the employees, very helpful, always willing to please. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is nice in the morning and they always make sure there is fresh hot coffee for you 24 hours a day. Everyday they all have a smile on their face for you including your pet, my Maggie felt very special, they even babysat for us one night when we went out to eat when we first arrived because our dog wasn't used to the room. We will definitely will be back, they are the nicest and cleanest rooms. Thank you for a great stay. We were there for a month with no complaints.

Room Tip: You will get the best service when staying there.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2011

we had a great time here and no complan people don't realize how they are to have clean and decent place to stay

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I just moved to Red Wing and we needed to stay in a hotel for two nights while we house hunted. We decided to stay at another hotel the first night because when we called to get room rates at Super 8, the woman who took my call was very rude and was bad-mouthing the other hotels in the area when I asked her to match another hotel's rate.
We decided to try Super 8 our second night in town and rented the jacuzzi suite as we just got married two weeks before moving here. We chose Super 8 because they accepted pets and we have two small, sweet, beagle-mixed dogs and we paid $6 per pet for them to stay with us. We put them in their crate and decided to go grab some lunch real quick and had told the woman (the same one I had spoken to on the phone previously) that we were going to do so when we checked in.
We had just gotten our drinks and placed our lunch order at a restaurant not 5 minutes from the hotel, when my phone rang and it was the woman again, who we later found out was the general manager of the hotel. She told me that our dogs were barking and that someone had complained and she immediately threatened to call the police if we didn't return to the hotel and stop the dogs from barking. She was extremely rude and nasty and left me in tears on the phone. My husband immediately left the restaurant and went to pick up the dogs and brought them back to the restaurant, where they were invited in and given dog treats and a big bowl of water! My husband and I were absolutely appalled at the woman's brash, rude behavior.
And that's not the end of it! When we checked in we asked the woman if our room would be available the next day in case we didn't find a house and needed to stay another night. She told us that as of that moment it was reserved, but said she would call and find out if the people were definitely coming and would let us know if it would be available. We never heard from her, so the next morning my husband called the front desk to find out what the status was and she answered and said, "I TOLD your wife YESTERDAY that it was reserved and you would have to move rooms!" Again, we were appalled by her nastiness and rudeness.
When we brought our keys to the front desk we asked for her bosses name and number and she refused to give it to us and proceded to make rude comments to us.
We left as quickly as we could and later called and spoke to the owner of the hotel. We were extremely displeased to find that the owner was just as rude and refused to compensate us for the treatment we received from his general manager.
I would NOT recommend anyone subject themselves to this type of inhumane, dis-curteous, vulgar treatment. And the hot tub was dirty with nasty stuff floating in the water.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank musicchick513
nshah1, Owner at Super 8 Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

The Super 8 in Red Wing has always been a pet friendly hotel. We charge a nominal fee of $6 per pet per night. Guest appreciate being able to travel with their pets and adhere to our policies. In the past 45 days we have had long term guests who have traveled with their pets and have had only one incident of a pet barking. In that situation the guest had just sat down at a nearby restaurant and the GM had to call and the guest very obligingly came to remove their pet from the room to put her in the car. The GM suggested if they were going to be only a half hour or so she would gladly watch their pet.
Sometimes you have exceptional guest who perceive manager’s or owner’s to be rude when really the person is just enforcing the policy. We welcome pet lovers to our hotel and hope that we will not have to impose a larger fee in the future because of irresponsible pet owners.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

This motel fit the bill for my visit to Red Wing. The staff were friendly and very interested in ensuring my comfort. The cost for the room was surprisingly low, especially considering that it had pool and laundry facilities.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2011

The hotel staff was very helpful during the time I was at this location. The housekeeping staff was kind and friendly and greeted me each morning with a smile and a nice comment.
The room had new carpet and new mattresses, which were very comfortable. I was unable to secure the single bed room as I requested, but was offered the room later in my stay when it became available. The management did offer to remove one of the queen beds in my room if I would like that option.
The hotel also allows pets, which is a nice feature, and the trails that surround the area made walking during the day a nice treat.
I was a little disappointed in the distance I had to walk to the on site laundry room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Staff wants your stay to be a good one. They are very friendly and helpful.
Our rooms, and we had 3, were recently recarpeted, very clean, bright and large. Had micro and refrigerator. Also had new very comfortable beds. And this was a first---my husband told the manager about a drain problelm and it was fixed immediately! They are operating a very good motel for a very good price.
Many of the businesses in Red Wing are below the bridge and a puzzle to get to, but we thought Red Wing Super 8 was worth solving the puzzle.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family