“Telling it like it was.”
Review of Days Inn Red Wing

Days Inn Red Wing
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The carpeting was filthy, furniture was dirty.......I would NEVER recommend this place
to even my worse enemy. If I could have canceled my stay without having to pay for
it I would have. We asked at the desk if the rooms were clean and we were told they
were, which was VERY wrong.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Nancy R

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I chose the Days Inn because it was close to Barn Bluff,and Colvill Park, and because it was one of the cheapest places I could find. It is a motel that has definitely seen better days. Very small room, but did have a mini fridge and free wifi. Bathroom needed some cleaning. Bed was very hard. Breakfast was extreme limited. Very few people staying there. Only plus was its proximity to the places I wanted to go. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and it was worth the money you pay for the room. The staff/owner was friendly & helpful, great quick breakfast (French Toast is a MUST HAVE!). EXCELLENT coffee! The room was clean, bed was comfy. It's not a high end motel, but if you need a place to lay your head for a night it works! It was a very hot day and when we got into the room, the AC was on & very comfortable. I've stayed at other places where the AC is left off/on low so when you get in the room it's stuffy & you have to wait awhile for it to be comfortable... not here!
We actually ended up staying at the Best Western the next night because of their "themed suites" and wanted a treat for our wedding anniversary.... my husband & I both said that we should have just stayed at the Days Inn a 2nd night. Sure the room was eye catching, but the bed was rock hard and neither one of us slept decent at all. Next time it's just the Days Inn for as many nights as we are in the area! We plan on going back this fall with our daughters and you can bet we are staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have read all of the bad reviews, LOL!
My wife and I stayed in # 126 between 06/29/2012 and 07/01/2012.price was right for a place to sleep while we enjoyed ourselves exploring the City of Red Wing, the management was friendly and courteous. The location is very near some of the most beautiful parks and overlooks of the city and just a short jaunt to down town. In other words a convenient location. We have stayed at many big name, as well as posh hotels with less satisfaction, ie. inconsiderate tenants, lack of air, noisy neighbors ect... We enjoyed our weekend, that is all that matters to us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed one night on the weekend as I was traviling through. Booked on Booking.com. After I checked in, I realized that I had been charged $10 more than the reservation price. I went back in and pointed this out to the owner. His explanation was that they didn't have a queen so he assigned me a king. He then changed me to a tiny queen at the very back corner of the complex. The door jamb of this room was broken as if the door had been forced open and this had not been repaired. Back to the office again. The owner then showed me a room in which he explained that the bathtub drain was broken. It was propped open with a large screwdriver. Also, peeling paint on the exterior and in the bathroom. The heater was detached from the wall and tipped at an odd angle. At this point I was tired from traveling and just accepted the room offered. All in all, this place is in poor repair. I would not stay here again. The only plus is that the hotel has a nice pool. I have stayed at Days Inns before and they were always a good value. This was not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John M
Reviewed May 16, 2012

the room was dirty, the air conditioner leaked and the chairs had big stains on them.(not sure what they were from). The bathroom counter and toilet were not clean. I had to clean every surface before I would use them. I didn't trust the carpet so I wore shoes until I got into bed!!

Room Tip: go some where else