“outstanding service, clean comfortable hotel, new pillow top beds are great!”

Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very nice hotel in historic Red Wing . Close to antique mall. New pillow top beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rivercat_10

Reviewed March 24, 2010

I am staying here on business and I think changes have been made in the ownership and the hotel itself. It's a good place to stay at a resonable rate. Give it another try.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AlabamaFancyfree
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We were on a weekend getaway to Red Wing and the area - Between the Leaf Lookers and the Art Fair they had upgraded us to a suite which Looked great- In room whirlpool, big 4 poster king size bed-
but the bed was so hard that I woke up with a sore back so that outranked any other features in the room. Other little problems were my wife forgot hand lotion and there was none in room or avaiable at desk- I mean for $161 you should at least get the same Items as at any good Super 8 at half the price! The breakfast was average to poor which again for the price was a disappointment.For half the price this would have been an O.K. stay, Quiet, Clean and easy to get to, but it was a poor value at the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My fiance and I stayed here after a friend's wedding, rather than drive back up to the north suburbs of St. Paul. Afterwards, I wished we'd saved the $130 and driven the extra miles. The teenaged girl at the front desk was completely uninterested in helping us; I'm not even sure she said more than five words to us upon check-in.

We paid for a themed "suite" with a hot-tub. Upon entering the room, the first thing we encountered was the entryway lights didn't work -- BOTH lightbulbs were burnt out (and they didn't burn out when we turned them on; they were out to begin with). The room obviously hadn't been used in a while, as there was a ring of black mildew around the top of the water in the toilet, and there were a few dead bugs lying around (one in the bathtub and one near the hot-tub). The room was not a "suite." It was just a normal, single hotel room -- just slightly bigger. The bedding was old, as was the furniture (missing handles on the dressers, etc.).

When we asked to get the light replaced, we were met with more rudeness -- the girl actually acted as if we were putting her out by asking.

Overall, it was a pretty terrible experience. I've stayed in hotels and motels all over the world, many for much less money, and even THEY managed to get basic cleanliness down. I wouldn't waste your money here, by any means.

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed June 25, 2007

We were here for a wedding. All the out of town guests were staying here, so it was a large group, bringing in a lot of money, but the front desk staff behaved as though hospitality were the last thing they were concerned about. They were rude and incompetent. It could have been an episode from a well known TV comedy show. Room rates were much too high for a small town and the quality of amenities offered. They need to look at training their staff better and improving all around quality.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I paid $109.99 a night for a regular room, 2 adults for Fri. and Sat. night and this is what I got. Workout room with 4 workout machines that were extremely old and very used (we laughed at them). The public pool was ok, but the public hotub was so old the paint was chipped off in spots.
Our room: We had cable but no TV guide station and few channels (No MTV, VH1). The wooden headboard had a decorative piece missing from it. The chest of drawers had 1 handle missing and another handle falling off. There was a place in the carpet that was ripped. The pillow case fabric was pilled (pilling) and the curtains did not open properly. Last but not least, our door was difficult to open and close, it was always a struggle getting in and out.
The Continental breakfast was the smallest I've ever seen, no sliced bread, no fruit, no muffins, no water or water faucet.
It says quiet house in the name but, I could hear people walking in upstairs halls and talking in the hall outside my door in regular voices (to me it was just as loud as other hotels)
I expect good quality for $109.99 a night and I just plain didn't get it. Also, the price quote online was $10 lower then the price they quoted over the phone which is what I paid. The good things are; nice service, clean, it wasn't very busy and there is a cozy lounge. There is also a computer you can use to surf the internet, but the connection is very slow.
If I had paid $70 a night for this place I wouldn't complain, but I think their prices are just way too high for what you get. I did notify them of the problems in our room while checking out.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Thecost
Reviewed April 23, 2006

We spent the weekend in Red Wing and stayed here. The place is very clean but not really anything special. the staff at the desk were not very helpful. There are many restaurants in the town and they only refer you to one. They must get some perks from that place. They only had a menu from that place only. They were not helpful in giving ideas for things to do either. With some of them they were not even that happy. They act like they aren't proud of their jobs at all. They need to perk up their staff. The breakfast was all starches and I even had to tell them they were out of coffee. The girl didn't seem like she cared at all. The pool was closed for maintenance all weekend. It was quiet except to hear occasional foot steps above us. Our room was a theme suite but not alot of thought was put into it's decoration. The bed was comfortable though. But only queen size. Most suites are kings. There are alot choices in Red Wing. I would look at others if I were you unless you just want a place to sleep. You don't get alot of help here.

Stayed: April 2006
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#5 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!