“Hanisch service equals heinous service”

Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Red Wing
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop is a wonderful small town bakery. Made from scratch pastries, donuts, breads, cakes, and cookies. Try a great lunch or breakfast sandwich in our coffee shop. Great selection to choose from in coffee, flavors, and drinks. Treat yourself to a smoothie or a malt, try the maple bacon donut, or enjoy the amazing buttercream cookies. Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop has something for everybody.
St paul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hanisch service equals heinous service”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Terrible service. Had no concern for my food allergy. Offered no alternative suggestions. Coffee was great. My husbands caramel roll was a little on the hard side. We should have went to Starbucks.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kaehlere3

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Bakery”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great Bakery, amazing decorated sugar cookies. Great place for your usual donuts, cakes, pastures, cookies, and breads. The real gem is the unique cookies, and fun items they create for the different seasons. Which then work great for treats for your office, sales call, or for friends coming over.

Visited November 2013
New Orleans
“Replica Top Tier Wedding Cake!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I'm here for work and my husband came out to visit for our 1 year anniversary. I didn't want to make him carry the top tier of our wedding cake on the plane so I went to Hanisch and asked if they could replicate it. They did a wonderful job and I'm sure it tasted a lot better than a year old cake would have tasted. We had almond cake with almond butter cream and it was delicious. Thank you for making our 1st anniversary that much more memorable!!

• Visited October 2013
Overgaard, Arizona
“Can you say yum...”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I always walk to Hanisch's to get donuts and cookies for myself and the staff. This place is "to die for"! The pastries are delicious!

Visited November 2013
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Great pastries but”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The donuts and pastries are delicious- they have a large variety and they aren't expensive. However, every single time I've gotten a coffee or chai, it's been terrible. I don't know if they use too many spices or too much syrup but it's unpalatable. Friends who have accompanied me on these trips to Hanisch concur.

Visited August 2013