“Out of This World Fabulous Bakery!”

Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Red Wing
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop is a wonderful small town bakery. Made from scratch pastries, donuts, breads, cakes, and cookies. Try a great lunch or breakfast sandwich in our coffee shop. Great selection to choose from in coffee, flavors, and drinks. Treat yourself to a smoothie or a malt, try the maple bacon donut, or enjoy the amazing buttercream cookies. Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop has something for everybody.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited the bakery side on Friday, June 7, 2013 at 9:30 am. The line was out the door! Guess the joke was on us as we unknowingly encountered National Doughnut Day. This bakery was selling regular doughnuts for only 25 cents; hence the line. From toddlers to teens to senior citizens enjoying doughnuts from the bakery that was just voted the #1 bakery in the state of Minnesota.

I was buying a favorite, a loaf of Swedish Limpa Bread and my wife had a custard bismark with chocolate frosting. (We just weren't in the mood for the quarter-priced doughnuts).

Excellent taste on both products with soft, fresh textures and heavenly flavor. We'll be back!

2  Thank Steve0315

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I heard so much about Hanisch Bakery that I made it a purpose to get there. While charming, the staff could have been more outgoing, They appeared bored and uncaring. I would hoped that there might be even a sample tray for guests (but no). While voted allegedly as the Best Bakery in Minnesota, I would have to disagree with that assertion. I ordered the famous bacon/maple doughnut and have another pastry to go. While good, the overall experience did not make my day or visit to Red Wing spectacular.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family and I stopped here for lunch and the food was pretty good. The place is pretty small but cute. It is right down town and we were able to park right in front. The portions were huge and the price was reasonable. I had the special, a chicken quesadilla. It was very hot and fresh. All of my families food was just as good. My sister had the tuna melt and it took a long time. I was pretty much done eating before her's came. The bakery was okay. Nothing super fantastic. We all split a eclair and the filling was very sweet. I bought a little 4x4 cake for a graduation present and the frosting was far better than the cake.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

So glad that we stopped at Hanisch on our visit to Red Wing, it was an unexpected find. We went in for coffee/tea and a treat and ended up having to get several treats because the selection was oustanding. It was too hard to make choices. Their raised baked goods were soft and fresh and delicious, their frosted goods had wonderful frosting, and the cake dougnut lover among us really liked their cake dougnuts. Any time I go to RW I will definitely come by here, it's an oustanding bakery. Our only disappointment was that we tried to go by the next day on Sunday for another treat but they aren't open on Sundays!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Best donuts I've ever had. They have a wide variety of donuts, breads, pastries and wonderfully decorated cookies. The staff is always pleasant and it has a nice little coffee shop there also. It is a must stop and see place.