“GREAT!”

Ranked #20 of 54 Restaurants in Red Wing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Pepin for the weekend. The service was perfection. The beer selection was fun. The food was fantastic!!! Loved the mashed potato stuffed burger and the onion rings (all made from scratch in house). The food cost was great too. We'll definitely be back here the next time we come to Red Wing!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I wouldn't willingly eat here again. Down into the dank, dark, strangely smelling basement you go. There is no one there. I was ushered to a nicely cushioned booth in an abandoned room and was served by a friendly and efficient waitress. However, the food was bar food pedestrian. The bathrooms date from the 1940s and not in a good way. I never got comfortable as it was all a bit dodgy.

1  Thank SheWhoTravels
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Red Wing is not known for it's fine dining establishments. I had not been to Maries for years and not since they transformed into Maries Underground Grill and Tap House. I was pleasantly surprised by the food taste and quality. The restaurant is in the basement of an old armory building and to a lot of people might find it to be dark and dank. I think they have put in a lot of effort to make it feel comfortable and cozy, but it's still a bit drab being underground if you ask me. Anyhow, I did not go there for the atmosphere, so back to the food. Both my wife and I had burgers and their homemade chips. We brought our two girls who ate off the kids menu and they both thought the food was good to "great". They also enjoyed the weird underground vibe, so who know's what will trip another persons trigger. I will go back.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband is on a long-term job assignment in Red Wing, and we discovered Marie's this past June when we moved him up there. It's a great casual restaurant. It is underground, and the decor is sort-of retro 50s, very cozy. The beer, the food, and the staff are great; I especially love the burgers and my husband loves Prime Rib Night. My husband goes there several times a week--it's his home away from home--and Marie and the staff are very kind to him.

BTW, the correct name of this restaurant is Marie's Underground Grill & Tap House."

Love the town of Red Wing and love Marie's!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great pizza and homemade chips. Loved our server, who must be well known enough to have a pizza named after her. Kitchen a bit slow, but we still enjoyed our time.