“Great food”

Ranked #21 of 55 Restaurants in Red Wing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I live in Red Wing and have gone here for sometime. This place has the best burgers and fish fry in town. Soups are amazing and their pizza isn't bad. On the weekend they host an array of great music in their lounge area. Prices are great too.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Just a shout out to Marie and thanks to her and her staff for the wonderful Saturday brunch we had and great night at the Underground watching & listening to the band on 11-12-11. Thanks, Marie, for making us feel comfortable and your visiting with us as well as the awesome brunch and pizza! God Bless and hope all continues to go well for you & your establishment!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I have visited a few times in the past. I am always impressed with the items that are home made, when other restaurants serve these items from prepared sources. The soups are great! Tomato Basil with Cream Cheese was a hit with me. It is silly I know, but I really liked the home made potato salad on the buffet. Just like I would make it. We had the Grilled Cheese sandwich, basic, but what a fun blend of cheeses. In the past, I have had the Clam Chowder. It had a bit of a bite to it, that I haven't been able to duplicate at home. I am looking forward to coming back any time I am in the area.

1  Thank CaterKat
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were told that Marie just remodeled and we found the restaurant, found in the basement of The Armory, to have a few different areas to be seated. Our waitress said that Marie was the one walking around in the apron. Our food took a little longer to get than I expected, but the waitress was very attentive. I had the Insanata (?) Burger, a hamburger with mozarella, tomato and fresh herbs, very good. My husband had the roast beef with mashed potatos, said it was a healthy portion with real mashed potatos and gravy. The menu was quite comprehensive.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I came for beer, wine, and some snacks. We were very disappointed. The tap beer list sounded good and the wines by the glass looked interesting. But my husband's tap beer was stale. I only received half a glass of the pinot grigiot I ordered and the waitress promised to open a new bottle and deliver the rest. The rest of the glass of wine never showed up. My husband ordered some waffle fries which were too salty and were served on a metal pizza tray. I ordered a side salad with light dressing. The waitress brought a half used bottle of their only light dressing to the table which wasn't really a light dressing at all. We will not return.

1  Thank Fran7782