“Great fish fry”

Bierstube R W's
Ranked #35 of 55 Restaurants in Red Wing
Cuisines: German
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Probably one of the best beer-battered fish fry I have ever eaten. Definitely plan to go back again...fresh fish, great price, friendly staff.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very loud fun hockey crowd. When was the last time you saw Grain Belt beer on tap!? I saw German food on the menu and was stoked. My husband had the famous heart steak - small 6 oz sirloin, good, with baked potato and garlic bread. I was disappointed with my Jaeger Schnitzel - tough slices of pork loin, grilled even tougher with packaged gravy, kraut and red cabbage. Great local atmosphere and conveniently located next to hotels.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have not been to the Bierstube Grill in Red Wing for quite a while and after tonight's visit I'm happy that I haven't. Everyone expects value for their dollar and if this sounds like a statement you agree with, beware of eating at this restaurant. My wife and I stopped in for an early evening meal which consisted of a vegetable burger and fries, a shrimp basket, a soft drink, and a glass of tap beer. The service was quick and our waitress was friendly and courteous, but I was caught off guard when I recieved the bill and found that my glass of beer was $5. and the 12 or so steak fries on my plate cost an extra $3. My total bill came to about $30 plus tip. $30 is not out of line for dining for two, but in this case I feel I was blindsided. What we received was not worth the dollars spent. I don't mind spending money in a restaruant if I receive value for my dollar and if I return to the Bierstube, I will be much more cautious about the small print.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The service was fun and friendly. Food is very good, especially for the price.
I love the reubens and brats!!!! Very friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank bowserRedWing
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Server was accommodating and quick. Food and drinks came fast. Ruebens were delicious. Burgers were standard, greasy bar fare.

1  Thank Jason T