“First class bed and breakfast and best host and hostess”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Round Barn Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Fun and charming innkeepers. Loved the setting, round barn tour. Food excellent,
bed the best. Luxury all around. You get your dollars worth and more. Very nice touches
to detail and accomendations.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2010

We just returned from the Round Barn Farm B&B&B just south of Red Wing, Minnesota. We had such an incredible experience, I felt I should share the experience with you! It was a frigid cold weekend, but the beautiful B&B was warm and welcoming. The innkeepers welcomed us outside on their lovely front porch, and instantly made us feel so welcome! We were given a delightful tour of the home, so we knew where every need could be met. The home was decked out gloriously for Christmas, with a huge beautiful fir tree beautifully decorated and lit near the dining room table. The biggest surprise was a smaller Christmas tree in every bedroom! We loved the lovely decorating throughout the house. Each bedroom had a different theme, and each was spacious and lovely. We are bird lovers, and we chose the Quilted Bird room. It was their smallest room, but was still very spacious and accomodating. We loved the whirlpool tub and franklin stove, as well as the luxuriously comfortable feather bed.

The food was absolutely delicious. At 7AM we were delighted with fresh brewed coffee and a fresh baked goodie, to welcome the morning and hold us until the elegant breakfast was served at 8:30. Robin, the innkeeper is a bread baker. Every breakfast included fresh from the oven bread, steaming hot and served with butter and home made jam. Elaine made lovely and huge 3-course breakfasts, and we enjoyed every bite. We even got a loaf of fresh baked bread to take home.

We then went outside in the subzero temps, and were given a tour of the beautiful historic round barn. We enjoyed hearing of it's history and how it was used and renovated. I could easily picture a wedding reception there, and will suggest it when my daughter starts planning a wedding, hopefully some day! :) We hope to visit the B&B&B in the summer or fall, to experience the 35 acres of woods and the wood fired bread oven!

I would definitely recommend you try the Round Barn Farm B&B&B! You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed and rejuvenated! We look forward to visiting again!
Patti & Barry

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2009

First, let me say that the service at the Round Barn Farm B&B is FIVE STARS. You are made to feel as if the place is YOURS. Robyn and Elaine have a most genuine, personal approach, which makes staying there a friendly, delightful experience.

We have visited the Round Barn Farm B&B 13 times now, each visit bringing a familiarity of 'home' and yet the newness of an exciting adventure. ALL the rooms, and I mean ALL (even the little 'powder room' off the front hall) exudes an old-fashioned charm with warmth and elegance. Every room invites you to come in and relax, enjoy, soak up the ambiance it offers, whatever season you visit. My personal favorite is the living room, sitting in front of the large fireplace that radiates its warmth throughout the room. Like a little child, I am drawn to the antique-looking kaleidoscope, or sitting in the soft sofa in front of the fireplace, reading from a library of books on everything from gardening to cooking to travel. My second best is the dining room, where comfort, warmth of friendship and elegant food come together with almost a reunion-like atmosphere.

Nestled amongst the bluffs of the Mississippi River Valley, just minutes south of Red Wing, MN (a most wonderfully quaint and historic town), the Round Barn Farm B&B is easy to find and quick to get to. The scenery is beautiful throughout the year, although Fall and Winter are my personal favorites.

It is hard to put into words what I like best about the Round Barn Farm B&B, but if pressed I would say that the innkeepers, Robyn and Elaine, have a most genuine charm and warmth in their hearts which is the character of the whole place. The scenery is grand... the facility is deliciously inviting and the history rich and interesting. Both Robyn and Elaine are fabulous storytellers, oozing with history and humor. The food at the Round Barn Farm B&B is consistently excellent... no, beyond excellent. Gourmet breakfast! First, there is the aroma of rich coffee and pastry treats early in the morning, with their delicious aromas waft their way into each room from the country kitchen. It beckons one to ‘rise and shine’. Then comes the gourmet breakfast. Presentation of the morning meal is as elegant as the home, filled with beauty, rich elegance and steeped with rich flavors and aromas. Friends are made easily at the breakfast table. Robyn and Elaine make sure of that. I never want to leave.

Frankly, I’d rather spend a weekend at the Round Barn Farm B&B than a week on a cruise ship in January.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our time at the Round Barn Farm was absolutly amazing. Robin and Eileen were fantastic hosts in a truly beautiful home. I wish we didn't have to leave. Robin and Eileen greeted us with warmth, remembered who we were, they knew our names and showed us around the farm, our rooms and even had menus from local resturants. They thought of everything. This trip was more than I thought it could be, a refreshing escape and we were only there for one night. Making bread with Robin outdoors the next morning was so fun, everyone had a great time. Oh and Eileen's cooking was not only delicious but beautiful, I cannot say enough good things about our trip. It was positivly wonderful!

Reviewed May 25, 2009

This was our first experience at a B & B, and we loved it more than we expected! My favorite parts were the historical anecdotes Elaine and Robin share as you tour the home and amazing rare round barn. The food was amazing and all twelve of us sat at a beautiful long table, it was fun talking with the other couples, it was cozy and comfortable!! I used ear plugs (available to guests) to sleep like a baby as a Amtrak train track is near by, my husband never heard it sans ear plugs. The property is beautiful! It was fun baking bread together outside in the stone oven. I love the fact that there is no tv, internet, or telephones heard or seen. It really is a great getaway from the fast pace of the city!!

Reviewed May 4, 2009

This was our first, but not the last, bed and breakfast experience. The farm was beautiful, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the food was wonderful.
We stayed in the Willow room which was the biggest room, with a willow swing near the fireplace that you can swing and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country. Then when it is time to sleep you sink into the feather bed, under down filled comferter and sleep like never before.
In the morning we all gathered at the outside hearth oven and baked bread.
When we left we where already planning our next visit to the Round barn Farm.
I would highly recommend this B,B,&B if your looking for a very relaxing get away from the hectic world we live in.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

My wife and I go to a couple B&B's a year usually for Birthday's / Anniversaries. What I liked the most about this B&B was the history behind it. I really enjoyed the stories of the innkeepers and the tour was very interesting. We were able to bake our own bread and I had a very good time doing it. The rooms were cozy, there was complmentary beverages at hand. The food was very good ( fresh baked bread! Yummy ) I live by train tracks so the trains did not bother me as much as some of the other reviewers. It was the only downside to this Great weekend.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple