“Potential”
Review of Red Wing Brewery

Red Wing Brewery
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Red Wing
Description: The current Red Wing Brewing Company (or “Red Wing Brewery”) was founded in 2011 in Red Wing, Minnesota. We make about 6-7 barrels (bbls) of beer per week, and our beer is produced and sold exclusively at the brewery. Two of our beers are historic brands that were made for the people of Red Wing in the late 1800’s and the early 1900’s: Remmler’s Royal Brew (based on the Remmler Brewery’s 1896 recipe) and Red Wing Premium. We are also bringing back another Red Wing favorite as our brewery’s own Root Beer – Good Old Zimmie’s. On tap will be a rotation of additional beer styles that are new to Red Wing and favorites among craft beer lovers. We also serve local wines, a variety of family beverages, and a dine-in or take-out lunch and dinner menu featuring handmade appetizers, pizzas and calzones.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I love the ambiance at this place. I think what made it average for us is the service. Our waitress was less than enthusiastic but she looked like she was the only one who was like that. The owner was at the bar and was very chatty with all the patrons. He was offering samples of their beers and talking about the process. Our waitress brought us samples but looked unhappy about it so I stopped asking. I liked the pizza but the others in my family did not like it (it didn't have any sauce). I found a beer I liked but the others in my group did not. So, I would go back again but sit at the bar or make sure I got a table with one of the male waiters who seemed much more friendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We spent a couple nights at a nearby hotel the weekend of the Stockholm Art Festival and were very fortunate to find the Red Wing Brewery on the first night of our stay. The brewery has a short bar and maybe 10 tables. As we walked in, I was concerned about the wait because all the tables were occupied, but we were able to locate four seats at the bar while we waited for a table. The gentleman who greeted us at the door (who I believe is one of the Founders) and all of the wait staff were very friendly and helpful. Among the four of us, we tried four or five of their beers and enjoyed each - they offer a good variety. While they have a few other selections on the menu, the focus is pizza - and that's a good thing because they do it very well. We ordered two of their specialty pizza's, the Metro and the Spicy Italian. The blue cheese on the Metro was a welcome change to standard fair and would go well with any of their more full bodied drafts. The Spicy Italian was what I like to call "Minnesota spicy" and a great tasting pizza. This brewery-restaurant is a definite "do over" for us when we are in Red Wing. Our only warning is to recommend you ask for a taste of the root beer they make before ordering. It wasn't a hit with the two members of our group who tried it. Otherwise, I don't see how you could go wrong by stopping in.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The Red Wing Brewery is a "must" when traveling through! Brews and pizza are outstanding! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff! Family friendly too!

1  Thank Neal H
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed in Red Wing this past weekend on an overnight motorbike trip with my daughter. Since this fine establishment was within walking distance of our hotel, we could not resist. Arrived at 6:00pm on a Saturday, and were informed there would be a 35-minute wait. The host was very friendly, and suggested we order something from the bar while we waited. The beer (and root beer!) were both excellent. (I should mention our wait turned out to be only 20 minutes.)

The dining room is small but very well done, with simple yet clever decor and high ceilings. While the beverages were very good, it was the fabulous pizza that will bring you back. The "Pizza of the Month" was BBQ Pulled Pork, topped with cool cole slaw. Fantastic!

One of the best places I have ever been to --- cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank telekon
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wish we had had dinner here! The beer and service were great. Pizzas looked delicious. Congrats to the owners for reviving this brewery!

1  Thank ancientmoods

Been to Red Wing Brewery? Share your experiences!