“Another great Red Wing stop!”
Review of Jimmy's Pub

Jimmy's Pub
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Red Wing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: At a relaxed pace.Experience an authentic British lounge with a night at Jimmy’s Pub. Sip handcrafted ale at the mahogany bar or enjoy a light dinner beside the cracklin’ fire. Jimmy’s is an Old World getaway from life’s hectic pace.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Red Wing keeps getting better and better. My wife and I went to Jimmy's based on the tripadvisor reviews, and it totally fulfilled expectations. The interior was great and felt like an old-school pub. They had a blues band playing, and the place was packed.

The menu was great, too. Not an extensive menu, but unique and intriguing. We split a plate of wings (not very adventurous, but we felt like wings!), and they were fantastic. Then we split the fried pickle burger - it was incredible. And the battered fries were some of the best we'd ever had. It's not a gourmet five-star kind of menu, but we'll definitely be back to try some other dishes.

So many, many props on the atmosphere and food. The service, however...they were stretched, and you could tell, The servers were in a hurry, balancing restaurant patrons and a high school reunion going on in the next room. You seat yourself, and when we got there, a couple tables were open but still had to be cleaned up, which took a while to happen. So hopefully this was an exception and not the norm.

Overall, four stars for great pub food and atmosphere. Absolutely going back. Hopefully service is a little smoother next time. If that happens...probably going to a five instead. Really, really enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Short menu but nice variety - I had the portobella mushroom, spinach, and feta flatbread that was very, very tasty. Husband had a spicy chicken sandwich that he liked. Split a house salad - was just ok, although the server actually brought it out on two plates already split, which is always a nice touch. Overall service was a little slow - had 3 servers and they all were pretty busy - but very cordial. Tables by the windows had lovely views, very relaxed atmosphere which I enjoyed! We'd eat here again if we were back in Red Wing.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. James Hotel on a Thursday night in September. We wanted a casual atmosphere so we decided on Jimmy's Pub. The ambiance was great. All wood with comfortable seating and a great view.

I am undecided on how to rate the restaurant. My husband enjoyed his meal, but I didn't enjoy mine.

My husband ordered the hot ham and gruyere sandwich. It was on a delicious crusty bread. He asked me to make that for him at home. He really enjoyed the sandwich.

I had the southwest chicken salad. It included greans, a spoon full of corn, black beans, a lot of tortilla strips and two slices of a chicken breast. The tortilla strips were the main ingredient. I thought they would have been more of a garnish. While the flavors were good, the proportions were off.

There was a great selection of beer and I had a cider that was on tap. The service was excellent.

I would go back, but I will not get the salad.

1  Thank lizzzg
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Take the elevator to the 5th Floor at the St James Hotel. No great view, but nice club environment. Got busy for awhile-one server for drinks and food and she did a wonderful job balancing everything out. The price tips a bit high, but felt I got my money's worth. Nice menu selection. Great drinks. Would stop here again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After many years of dates in Red Wing, we followed the advice of other reviewers here and stopped in here for the first time last Friday evening. What a great surprise to find this cozy, beautiful pub! We loved our table by the window and chose to eat our dinner from the comfy leather couch. We shared a garden salad and also the petite rib eye entree, complete with a large baked potato and several nicely grilled shrimp. The server had them split the steak and and potato onto two plates (no charge!). He was an attentive older man who discreetly checked on our food and drinks without us having to ask; fantastic service in a warm, lovely setting.

Been to Jimmy's Pub? Share your experiences!