We have had an absolutely lovely time at Moondance. Everything from the smells of morning breakfast seeping aromatically underneath our door to the incredibly relaxing whirlpool tub (beware of the jets – they’re powerful!) to the perfect little heater that kept our room toasty thorough the night added up to make our stay relaxing and comfortable.
We cannot, however, do full justice to our stay without acknowledging the welcome and hospitality of our host, Mike. To say that he went the extra mile for us would be an understatement: we went cross country skiing, but I had forgotten my gloves, so Mike went in search of one of his wife’s pairs. My husband needs a gluten-free diet, and Mike accommodated all of his needs so that he could fully enjoy stuffed French toast, quiche, corn muffins, and blueberry pancakes with all of the other guests. These are just a couple examples of the genuine care that Mike showed to us during our stay – it seemed that nothing we requested was too much. We just cannot thank him enough for going above and beyond to make our stay so enjoyable.
Other random bits of advice we learned on the trip should you choose to go to Moondance (which we recommend!):
- If you turn on the whirlpool jets and only one person is in the tub, you can spin around in a circle.
- Sarah’s restaurant (in town) is excellent. Try the chicken wings for an appetizer. Delicious.
- Evening wine and morning breakfast are lovely opportunities to meeting interesting people. Set your alarm for 8:30 a.m. so that you’re sure to make it downstairs in time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only an hour's drive from Minneapolis and St. Paul the Moondance Inn is a magnificent five bed room bed & breakfast. Located with in walking distance to downtown dining and shopping makes our location perfect for exploring Red Wing Minnesota. Prices range from $125 to $199 a night and there are numerous walking trails along the Mississippi river. Downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, and golf are all within a 15-minute drive. ... more less