“Beautiful home in a great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moondance Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Moondance Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Minnesota
“Beautiful home in a great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Moondance Inn and had a fantastic stay. The bed and breakfast was in the historic part of town and within walking distance of Main Street/downtown area.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing and the host was very friendly and accomodating. There was enough room and space that you never felt crowded and it almost always felt like you had the whole place to yourself. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

This was our first stay in a B&B and we were delighted. Moondance Inn was built in 1874 and has its original butternut wainscoting, an elegant staircase and the Tiffany and Steuben light fixtures date back over a hundred years! Be sure to look at the foyer ceiling - it is hand-stenciled gilt, there are only three ceilings of this type left in Minnesota. Mike gave us a great historical tour of the Inn, as you can tell.

Mike and Chris are warm and friendly. They had some great restaurant suggestions and were very attentive to our needs. The Inn is absolutely beautiful and our room was spacious, comfy, and my #1 requirement: clean.

The food was wonderful. My husband is a professional cook (culinary arts degree and all that) so we tend to have high standards. Each breakfast was different and delicious and we were very happy.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ST Paul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

The well-preserved 19th century elegance of the Moondance Inn draws you out of present-day stresses from the moment you walk onto the porch. Our room was clean and welcoming. The inn is easy to find, in a quiet neighborhood and an easy walk to the downtown area. My most favorite (and unexpected) aspect of the stay was the attic oasis that included cable TV and a table ready for board games.My least favorite aspect of our room was the electric heater that was listed as a "fireplace" - while it had the look of a franklin stove its addition to the ambiance was not the same as a wood or gas fireplace.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We've been to and searched for B&B's for gifts every year, but I've never been in such a beautifully restored home. We stayed in the king room, but all the rooms are more beautifully decorated than any others I've researched online and all have a 2 person whirlpool. Red Wing is a beautiful city to be a tourist in. My husband and I actually went for out 10th anniversary - and we met, got engaged and were married all in Red Wing. Also the owner was wonderful, we sat and had wine and cheese on the porch while chatting with him. There was absolutely nothing negative in our whole experience. You have to go check out the beautiful walnut? floors, incredibly huge windows and some of the original chandeliers that were custom designed for the house which was built exactly 100 years prior to my birth. Oh, and the breakfast was perfect - and they graciously catered to all the special dietary needs in our group! They have an almost professional website at moondanceinn.com - check it out!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
La Crosse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

This place looked cozy. It has a very cozy nook, except in the same room is a large TV where other people come in and out of and watch TV, taking away from this cozy nook you thought you could sit and chat in and have some personal space. This is also the first B&B I could hear what was going on in the other rooms, Yikes. No Privacy. The breakfast, was a small flat egg dish, my 7 yr old could have made. It was not good, and I left hungry. This place is not what it appears at all.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miracles48
Ramsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Our stay at the Moondance Inn was absolutely second to none. I picked the weekend there to ask my girlfriends hand in marriage and i couldn't have hoped for a better place to do it. Mike and Jan were wonderful hosts and the house is unbelievable. I would recommend this place for a romantic weekend getaway! I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
twin cities, mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

I needed a little break from the routine. This was a nice place to go away to, snuggle up with a book, and do some exploring. Mike was great. The dogs were pretty cool; I wish I had seen them more. Mike makes an amazing breakfast, and knows the area very well so he can suggest great spots to explore.

Stayed March 2009, traveled solo