“Walked out”

Cuisines: American
Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
“Walked out”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped here looking for a nice lunch on a day out. It was 2pm on a Saturday and not busy at all. There was sign up that said for us to seat ourselves, which we did. We sat at our table for 10 minutes and were ignored. Not so much as a "Hi, I'll be right with you." We got up and left. I don't think the staff even noticed we were there.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Lu H

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Good service, poor food. :(”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We had heard great things about this place from our b&b staff. So we tried it for lunch, and were unpleasantly surprised :( Our waitress was really sweet and made an awesome bloody mary. But she recommended the nachos and they were not good at all. (Super salty round corn chips, dry beef, tons of green olives...which was weird on nachos in the first place...no salsa, and a manager brought us guac in a tiny cup about ten mins later...guess they forgot to put it on the nachos?) Everything is also overpriced, but others' food we saw come out looked pretty good. Unfortunately, wouldn't go back for a second chance.

1 Thank ShannaS8
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“best restaurant in Red Wing”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was convinced there were no good restaurants in Red Wing, especially after the Stag Head closed. (See my review of the scary Marie's Underground). Then I found the Brickyard. Speedy friendly service, and a yummy roasted chicken Spanish salad and a good beer list. Thank you!

• Visited November 2012
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Cozy warmth and friendliness at this pub”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had eaten here for Valentine's Day last year and came back for my 50th birthday. The martini menu is endless - wish I could try them all but that would take weeks! The Onionburger could have used more onions and the walleye filet, while very good - was not as good as it was back in February. However, they were extremely busy on this Saturday night and the overall quality of food, drink and service was very good. It's definitely one of the best places to eat in Red Wing.

Visited November 2012
Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Surprised After Reading Reviews”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

In planning my most recent trip to Red Wing, MN, I searched Trip Advisor for restaurant reviews. Last time I had been to town, Norton’s, my previous favorite, was about to change hands. The restaurant that took over apparently did not succeed. So on to a new search for a good Red Wing restaurant. After reading the mixed reviews for the Brick House Pub & Grille, I had decided not to try this restaurant, but to go to Liberty’s or Bev’s Café. Well, on our way to Liberty’s we passed the Brick House, and it looked warm and inviting with a pleasant atmosphere, and most of the booths were occupied on the bar side. We decided to go in to check out their menu, which was on a table in the front hall. The menu looked varied and interesting, so we decided to stay, regardless of the reviews. We seated ourselves, as per the sign, at a window table (no problem with sun, as it was after dark) and after a couple of minutes were greeted by both a host and a waitress. I asked the waitress, who was new, what people seemed to be ordering, or what she thought was exceptionally good. She mentioned a few of the sandwiches, but had not personally tried everything, yet. My sister read the description of the Brick House Steak Sandwich, $12, and we both decided to order that. Neither was disappointed. It was a great sandwich with thinly sliced steak, caramelized onion, red pepper, and mushrooms in a savory sauce. There was also Swiss cheese, spring greens, a garlic lemon aioli and horseradish sauce (which is what sold me) on a hoagie. The sandwich was very delicious! It was served with kettle chips that were also good. I would actually be hard-pressed to find another hot sandwich with which to compare it. Yeah – it was that good. Needless to say, when I make it back to Red Wing, I would definitely go back to the Brick House for another. Hope it’s still there.

• Visited October 2012