“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brickhouse Pub & Grille - CLOSED

The Brickhouse Pub & Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We decided to try this place for the first time. We reside here in Red Wind and had heard mixed reviews about it. We like to experience a place for ourselves before making a decision.

We went in and saw the sign to seat ourselves. With few people there we expected to be waited on right away or at the very least be acknowledged that we were there. We were approached by a man that didn't bother wit a hello or any degree of courtesy. He gave us an obviously rehearsed speech of "you can't sit here, because it's for a party of six". Not at all happy with his snarky behavior and my increasing need to pummel him verbally. I responded by saying...listen, if you want to be specific where we sit maybe you shouldn't have a sign that says seat yourself. He responded by saying that "the table usually has a sign saying reserved on it". I was beyond annoyed at this idiots banter and just simply said are you serious?! There were so few people and wit not so good reviews I was starting to understand why this place had been given the kiss of death. I said.....fine we will be leaving and will not ever be coming back. His so professional reply..." We'll that would be your choice ma'am". We walked out. It is just a guess that this pretentious and arrogant ridden dump will not be around too long. Red Wing is city of great beauty with so many wonderful places to dine in that in these economic times, there are no excuses for such bizarre and horrific service. Avoid this place and eat somewhere where you will be treated with kindness, respect and great food.

1 Thank Ok2BHuman

Port Republic
“Needs Better System for Seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband is currently working in Red Wing, and we have now been to this restaurant on two occasions. We have no fault to find with the food or the service (once you get seated, which is the problem). The atmosphere is appealing with original art works and brick walls, but be warned, on a busy day it is a very noisy restaurant! There is some outdoor seating available. The Bloody Mary's are the bomb here, the best we've ever had.

Here is my gripe: It is a seat-yourself restaurant, and on our second visit there were no seats available. People were coming in, grabbing a table and sitting there for half an hour or more waiting for the rest of their party to show up. There was no system. We saw what we thought was an empty table and headed for it only to be told by a woman with an attitude working there that it was for a party of four that were ahead of us. Well, it was a free-for-all, who could tell who was ahead of whom? Then she directed a group of four who had come in after us to a booth. We protested and she said they were first. We told her we watched them come in at least 10 minutes after us. Then she said "do you want to give me your name?" I said sure, for all the good it will do. We then saw a server cleaning off a booth and staked it out until he was done. By the time we sat down we were frazzled and disgruntled. If I hadn't wanted one of those Bloody Mary's so badly, we would have left! Once seated, however, the service was fine and our sandwiches were delicious. I would suggest having someone serve as host/hostess and seating people, at least at times when the restaurant is crowded.

• Visited October 2012
“You Can Do Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just returned from Red Wing and a visit to The Brickhouse Pub & Grille. The service was terrible and the food unremarkable. When we arrived, there was just one waiter for the whole restaurant and he was very slow and expert at avoiding eye contact when you wanted to get his attention. Another, much quicker, waiter arrived about a half hour after we did, and that probably helped, but not us--our simple order took a full 40 minutes to prepare. To make matters worse, we were seated at a table next to the window, which became the "worst seat in the house" when the sun began to set, sending nearly blinding rays directly into our faces. Our waiter commented on how uncomfortable it was for diners when the sun came in so brightly. I wonder why the owner hasn't thought about investing in some window shades?

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank HistoryTraveler26
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We enjoyed the atmosphere as well our meal. We split the pizza,which was excellent. The restaurant is located in the downtown area.

Visited September 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Nothing special, but okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was in town for the day and met a friend here for drinks. I'm a dark beer drinker (porters and stouts) but they didn't have any dark beer. I ended up with a WI brewpub beer and it was pretty good. We also ordered the chips and salsa; the salsa was pretty good and was homemade, but the chips were typical out-of-the-sack chips. I didn't look to see what others were having since it was mid-day, but they were busy. Our server was good, checking back frequently to make sure everything was okay.

• Visited September 2012