“Horrible service!”
Review of Veranda Restaurant

Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Red Wing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I planned a day trip to Red Wing and our lunch stop was at the Veranda Restaurant. It came highly recommended and we were excited to enjoy the beautiful weather while we ate on their patio overlooking the river. SO DISAPPOINTED!

Once the hostess sat us outside, we waited at least 10 minutes before our server came to greet us and take our drink order. Another 10 minutes goes by with no signs of our drinks (two waters and a coke..nothing complicated). After we finally receive our drinks and order, we wait for 30 minutes and STILL no food. At this point, we have been sitting outside for almost an hour. I asked where our food was once and the response was "It's coming."

While we had been waiting for our meals to arrive, we noticed a couple get up and leave and another table asked where their food was as well. The last straw was when the table next to us received their food - they were seated a half hour after us. We told our waiter we were leaving and left.

Totally unacceptable service.. I would not recommend this place to anyone. My guess is that if you have a good server, your experience would be drastically different.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We were looking forward to a nice dinner outdoors in Red Wing. The hostess kept telling us that it might rain so we needed to eat inside (although there were diners outside)! The rain never came-and the meal didn't make things any better! I ordered Walleye-my favorite Minnesota treat! It was the worst Walleye I've ever eaten! It was so "fishy" and the gnocchi underneath were bland and mushy. Our waitress was also extremely inattentive although there were so few patrons! I highly suggest visiting a different eatery in Red Wing!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

From 2-4 the menu is very limited, the waitress did not bring a napkin when food delivered. Had to ask twice for to go box.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Our meal this visit was breakfast and the plave wss almost empty so service was good. While breakfast wasn't expensive, it also wasn't very good. My husband had an English muffin, fruit cup, and coffee, which he rated as okay. My choice of the biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs, however, couldn't be rated that high. The basted eggs were overdone. The reheated biscuits were heavy and tasteless, and the gravy with what purported to be sausage? I ended up scraping off as much as possible. It was inedible. We won't go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Always a great start to the day at the Veranda, light and bright atmosphere.
Service is friendly and helpful and the food is just great.
Theres a good variety to choose from off the menu.