“Excellent Food and Prices”
Review of Provenzano's Ristorante - CLOSED

Provenzano's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Food and Prices”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and prices were reasonable. Cheap drinks and had a nice selection. Ordered the fettuccine Alfredo and stuffed shells, both very filling and came with soup or salad and a loaf of bread. Definitely will be back if ever in the area!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Provenzano's Revisited :-(”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I think of good places to dine out in Red Wing, MN. sadly enough Provenzano's doesn't come to mind. I have dined at and reviewed this restaurant before and only visited it again this time while accomodating friends. I would have hoped that the owners of this establishment would have heeded some of the critiques published on this and other sites to make their restaurant more inviting and perhaps cozier by doing away with the "mess hall" looking dining area. First impressions really do create a lasting memory and it then takes an above average meal to make the total dining experience a fond memory. In a past review of Provenzano's I rated the food above average, but not this time around. The cheese curds served were deep fryed too long, making them very dark and extra crunchy. The over cooking made the cheese melt out of the breading, leaving emtpy breading and "crumbs" in the basket. My wife's chicken fingers were better, but still over cooked. In all fairness, our friends dined on two different pasta dishes and said they were good and my soup of the day was also good, even though I could tell it was a "boil in the bag" soup and not "homemade" as one might be lead to believe.
The service was average while the pricing was still above average. I wouldn't mind the higher pricing if the food preparation standards were higher. Partitioning of the dining room into smaller sections would be a huge improvement in the overall atmosphere also.
Will I return? Probably, but later than sooner.

• Visited December 2012
Wisconsin
“I'll Pass”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere needs some warmth. Not very cozy. Lots of open space. How is a restaurant out of pork chops at 5pm on a Saturday? Breading on cheese curds is too thick. Fried fish special. Again gross heavy batter. Pool of grease on my plate. Fries are gross. Stuffed shells were ok. Needs better quality food.

Midwest
“Can't be the same place”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I prefer not to be cynical, but after reading the other reviews, I simply cannot believe it could be the same place. The exterior is appealing, but upon entering...the restaurant has virtually no ambience.... it is like a cafeteria/dining hall. Our server tried to be pleasant, but he was clearly stressed, stating that another server had just been let go. No need to go into great detail, our entrees were served with a very heavy cream sauce, the flatware was less than once would expenct from a diner, no refill was offered on my soda and the $8 glass of wine was overpriced for the pour. As for this local...we won't return.

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, IL
“OK”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We thought it would be better food. I had a chicken sandwich and my spouse had chicken parmegian. The food was hot but it wasn't great. Our server was very nice. The place is huge and loud so it is missing in ambience.

• Visited September 2012