“Love the Experience of our staying at the B&B”
Review of Golden Lantern Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Golden Lantern Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My family of 3 stayed in this lovely house during our visit in Red Wing. Sue is very nice and hospitable. The suit is spacious large enough for our three. Free cookies, coffee...are there to make our stay just like at home!
我们一家三人在RW时住进了这一很诱人的家庭旅店。主人热情周到的服务,免费的咖啡,点心让我们感到宾至如归的感受。套间对我们一家三口来说也足够的大了。

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Golden Lantern Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved everything about the inn. Decor, service, food, people and location. I would have given it a higher rating if it wasn't for the old bed that was in our room. It was so mishapen, that we were forced to sleep on the edges of the bed, leaving us tossing and turning through the night and with very sore backs the next morning.
We asked the other couple that were staying in the Inn if they experienced the same thing in their room and they did.
My only recommendation to the Inn keeper is that she update the mattresses. Other than that, it is a very warm and inviting B&B.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the age of the mattresses.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Eight of us took the bike trail to Red Wing and stayed here overnight. The place is spotless, the rooms are beautiful and very well appointed and furnished, the bed is perfect (and I'm picky, here), the grounds are fully and beautifully landscaped, Sioux was special, coffee plentiful at 7:30 am, and the breakfast was among the best I have ever had, truly. No, I am not related to or a prior acquaintance of Sioux's. Stay here. You'll love it. I could say a lot more, but suffice it to say that this is the 4th such rating I have ever given because I hate doing this. But this place is worth letting others know how nice it is.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed with Sioux in her historical estate for five years running now. And I plan to return for many years to come. Staying here is a serene blend of elegance and charm of yesteryear with the comfort and convenience of today. Sioux always accommodates our special requests and makes our stay as comfortable as possible. I can't imagine staying in Red Wing anywhere else.

Room Tip: I think I've stayed in every room over the years. If you don't like to climb stairs, avoid...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We usually find B&Bs kinda creepy, but this was a fun stay and the history of the house and its tie-in to Red Wind Shoe Co. was fascinating. Loved the welcome snacks and sitting in the library. We were out of our comfort zone with the forced socialization that comes with breakfast, but we knew what we were getting into when we booked the place and ended up lingering a long while after the meal as the conversation was really good. In fact, late in the game we found out that one of the women was the mom of one of my husband's old friends, so they had a hoot exchanging stories. The B&B also gives you the choice of having breakfast delivered to your room, which is normally what we would have done, but I'm glad we got over ourselves and joined the group.

Room Tip: We had the maid's quarters on the top floor which was uber cool. There was even the original &qu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days at the Golden Lantern Inn over the recent Memorial Day. Sioux is a wonderful host. You arrive to a warm greeting, a nice tour and a chance to get all your initial questions answered. So helpful. Breakfast was excellent. We did some biking and enjoyed coming home in the afternoon to a tray of dips, snacks, cookies or whatever that day offerred!
Highly recommend the JT Suite...roomy...his/her sinks in bathroom...2 person tub with jets...king bed...above the living room so quiet in the evening.
One dinner suggestion--Nosh in Lake City. Right near the marina..great food, great views..great vibe.
Thanks Golden Lantern for making our trip memorable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful B&B with interesting history. Sioux, the owner, was very helpful in sleeping 3 to our room. Sioux had many helps for things to do in the Red Wing area. The breakfast was excellent. Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends