“Quality Stay, Quality Price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Reviewed August 23, 2010

It was a great hotel - friendly people, clean. The only issue we had and that wasn't really anything that was the hotel's fault is that the main regular coffee container didn't work so they had to have us use the pump one which was fine. I did hear one customer say the eggs were cold but I didn't have any so I couldn't say for myself. Also, the whirlpool didn't work right - we had to keep going and turning the knob because it would quit and it never heated up so got really cold in there after a few minutes.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ballen1954

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had a king room suite. We had our own room and the kids had a pull out sofa in another. Very clean, very quiet and the price could not be beat. We actually booked at this hotel even though we were only going to Wabasha. We could not beat the price. The staff was also very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nicann12
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Staff was so helpful and rooms were very clean and fresh. We had a suite with a pull out couch in one room. That made it nicely function as living space in the day time when others in our party could gather in our room. Breakfast was plentiful, with average food.

1  Thank SLPTraveller
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and we were so impressed with it! Codie at the front desk was so pleasant and kid friendly. The hotel smells brand-new and it has a very warm atmosphere. The rooms are great with tall ceilings and granite countertops. The breakfast was long served and more than enough for our family. Enjoy all the free extras like cookies, hot chocolate, popcorn and movies for the kids. We were very happy with our stay here!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Our3sonsMN
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Red Wing for 5 nights on business. My suite was clean and comfortable - a sitting room with couch and great 36"LCD TV, small fridge and microwave, and at the back, a comfortable bedroom. They provide free snacks and coctails at happy hour and a continental breakfast every day. I brought home leftovers from a great japanese/thai place and had it for dinner the next day. My only complain is that there is no cutlery or plates in the kitchenette. I also left my glasses there and did not realize it until I was on a plane headed home to Toronto. The cleaning staff had turned them in to the lost and found at the front desk and the front desk clerk was very helpful and mailed them to me at home; I just had to pay the shipping, and I was very grateful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MissAntarctica
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was really impressed with my recent visit to this hotel. The reception area was very nice, the rooms were clean and modern and presented well. The breakfast was very impressive, the fresh waffles were my favorite. Overall the best value in Red Wing. The restaurant adjacent to the hotel is also worth checking out, The Smokin' Oak, which had really good food and a cool bar to watch a game at. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank jjposse
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The front desk staff was friendly and quick with check-in and check-out was express in- room. The rooms are very comfortable with all the right touches to feel like home. Clean, even has a little bit of that new hotel smell. Extended hours in pool for adults, even though I did not have time to use it or the fitness area. Large bathroom, beautiful fixtures and woodwork and artwork too. Breakfast was a nice variety of cold items like fruit, string cheese, applesauce, yogurt & cereal and warm items like waffles, eggs, sausage & biscuits. If I am in the area again I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#4 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing? Share your experiences!