“Very Friendly and Clean Hotel!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Minnesota
“Very Friendly and Clean Hotel!”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and we were so impressed with it! Codie at the front desk was so pleasant and kid friendly. The hotel smells brand-new and it has a very warm atmosphere. The rooms are great with tall ceilings and granite countertops. The breakfast was long served and more than enough for our family. Enjoy all the free extras like cookies, hot chocolate, popcorn and movies for the kids. We were very happy with our stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Our3sonsMN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ontario
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Red Wing for 5 nights on business. My suite was clean and comfortable - a sitting room with couch and great 36"LCD TV, small fridge and microwave, and at the back, a comfortable bedroom. They provide free snacks and coctails at happy hour and a continental breakfast every day. I brought home leftovers from a great japanese/thai place and had it for dinner the next day. My only complain is that there is no cutlery or plates in the kitchenette. I also left my glasses there and did not realize it until I was on a plane headed home to Toronto. The cleaning staff had turned them in to the lost and found at the front desk and the front desk clerk was very helpful and mailed them to me at home; I just had to pay the shipping, and I was very grateful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MissAntarctica
st. paul, mn
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was really impressed with my recent visit to this hotel. The reception area was very nice, the rooms were clean and modern and presented well. The breakfast was very impressive, the fresh waffles were my favorite. Overall the best value in Red Wing. The restaurant adjacent to the hotel is also worth checking out, The Smokin' Oak, which had really good food and a cool bar to watch a game at. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank jjposse
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The front desk staff was friendly and quick with check-in and check-out was express in- room. The rooms are very comfortable with all the right touches to feel like home. Clean, even has a little bit of that new hotel smell. Extended hours in pool for adults, even though I did not have time to use it or the fitness area. Large bathroom, beautiful fixtures and woodwork and artwork too. Breakfast was a nice variety of cold items like fruit, string cheese, applesauce, yogurt & cereal and warm items like waffles, eggs, sausage & biscuits. If I am in the area again I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tinamariek2
Kansas City
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed at the Country Inn Suites for two nights, and enjoyed our stay. I booked the room for $80 a night on Priceline, and I feel like I got a good deal. The hotel was clean and new...there was nice bedding with down alternative comforters and pillows, and a flat screen TV. We used the pool area, which was small but nice. Breakfast was ok...there were some hot items, but I would definitely call it "fast food". There was a business room where people could check email and use the printer, etc., and a nice fitness room. Although some things about our stay weren't perfect, we had a very good experience in general and would return again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Country Inn. It is a new property - June 08. Nice large room and bathroom. Great pool/whirlpool area with warm pool water. The breakfast is standard fare for a typical hotel with a complimentary breakfast, but one of the poorer breakfasts that we've had at a Country Inn. The breakfast included a few cereals, yogurt, pudding, applesauce, boiled eggs, make your own waffles, a couple of bread varieties, muffins, and english muffins. The breakfast was missing an additional hot item or two which we have found at other (but not all) Country Inns. We arrived at breakast 35 minutes prior to it closing one morning and they were out of several items. When I asked them if they were planning on restocking they said that they were out. The front desk staff was fine. When we had a problem with our toilet, an individual was up within 5 minutes to take a look at it.

We have stayed at a few other hotels within Redwing and this hotel is now our favorite as it is nice and new.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#5 of 9 in Red Wing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing? Share your experiences!