Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Red Wing, MN
Orbitz.com
$116
Parkway Motel(Red Wing)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskpeanut buttergreat hot breakfastcomplimentary breakfastexercise roomking suitedaughter's weddingroom was cleanroad noiseperfect roomcookiesnice stayrooms are nicerefrigerator and microwavepool and hot tubtreasure islandpool area
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here with my family, me, wife and three kids, while visiting family in Red Wing. The hotel is close to the city and the rooms were very nice- seemed like an updated or newer hotel. We had a 1 bdr suite, which worked fine for the family. The pool was big and the kids had fun. There is a good restaurant right in the parking lot of the hotel.
Now, this is where the good parts end... The staff were not the friendliest, appearing bothered when I had to ring the bell to get their attention to check in. Then, the breakfast. It is a small breakfast area that filled up with people quickly both days (a Friday and Saturday morning). We had to bring the food back and eat in our room. Also, food ran out and I just don't mean the below average hot food. I mean the coffee, juice, milk. We had to wait numerous times for this. Also, cups were in short supply. On top of all of that, I found a finger nail clipping in my oatmeal. It did not bother me as much as my wife and with the staff not too friendly (and leaving that day), I did not report this.
If you stay away from the oatmeal and have breakfast out, this will be a fine hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Catherine D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Red Wing, MN, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

I appreciate the feedback about our breakfast. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any errors we may have in our service. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do or if you would like to discuss your concern further, please call us directly and ask for Catherine, General Manager, 651 388 9000.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a quiet out-of-the way property that you will miss heading out of Redwing on 61 if you're not aware it's tucked to the side of the busy highway with no sign indicating where to turn or the location. After a couple u-turns, we found it. Front desk most accomodating and overall the perception was the hotel is well-used but makes an attempt to do it right. Pool is extremely small and water very cold, but staff agreed to turn up the temperature so that kids could use it. It was so well-used by so many kids, it was closed on the following morning for a few hours to check for bacteria. The pool is just too tiny to accomodate huge influx of users. Breakfast was really just fine. Some reviews ranked it low - but it had nice choices, overall. Even hot oatmeal, which is good for you! Name brand cereals, milk, good coffee choices, waffles, fruit, yogurt, topppings, etc. The only complaint I had was there was only white bread - prefer more choices.

Bring your kids here - it's very nice to have a pool, even tiny, hot tub and an adequate breakfast when you travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the use of our pool. We appreciate the feedback about our pool, hot tub and breakfast. We now even offer more variety in our breakfast! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff was very friendly, especially the evening desk worker. Made cards for me twice in one night and didn't even complain. My room was clean. Bed comfy. Shower had hot water with good water pressure. Exercise room was decent; treadmills, dumbells, bike and eliptical.. Breakfast was ok; cereal, oatmeal, egg burrito, potatoes, milk, waflle maker, orange, apples. Hot beverages available at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jessica R, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Red Wing, MN, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Red Wing. Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed our evening shift employee as well as our other amenities. We thank you for your comments and hope you visit the area again real soon

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Two families stayed at the Country Inn Suites on the north edge of Red Wing, MN. We made this our home post while visiting the area. The indoor pool and whirlpool were relaxing, and not too crowded on the weekend we stayed there. The queen beds were comfy with plenty of pillows. Flatscreen TV was nice, but we didn't get the Hallmark channel as indicated in the notebook. Breakfast was plentiful: cold and hot cereal, eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, milk, coffee, tea, juices, breads (muffins, bagels, bread). As always, we enjoy watching confused travelers when the waffle iron repeatedly beeps (expecting to be turned over); always brings a chuckle or two! Had one washer and one dryer on first floor; you can purchase laundry soap at the front desk. Exercise room had a weightlifting bench, 2 treadmills, a stationary bike and stairstepper. My room (on first floor) was noisy, however, when my upstairs neighbor took a shower at 5:30am--the water pipe was in the wall between my bed and bathroom. Was also noisy when my upstairs neighbor stomped across their floor--I could help but count 10 steps from window are to the bathroom, and then back again. But that seems to be the norm for hotels these days. If you want quiet, you need to be on the top floor away from the elevators and ice machines. Asked for directions to a popular tourist stop (Red Wing Shoe Museum), and was told by the front desk that she hadn't lived in Red Wing very long, and had never heard of the Museum. So much for asking any other questions about the area. But overall, the property was clean and well maintained. Only other concern was the fact that the Smokin' Oak restaurant shares the parking lot with the hotel, so during the dinner hour, you may not be able to park in the lot when you come "home" for the evening.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, reserve a room on the top floor, away from the ice machine and elevator. Overhead neighbors can be noisy when they stomp across their floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jessica R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Red Wing, MN, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

The Smokin' Oak Restaurant is a very popular restaurant that offers excellent food. We apologize for any parking issues during the dinning hours.

Jessica Roskos
Assistant General Manager
Country Inn & Suites - Red Wing

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Short trip from Minneapolis to Red Wing for weekend getaway. Location and personnel were great, dining next door was excellent. Problem was with the room. The thermostat did not function properly and would not turn off at high or low temperature range. Ended up getting up during the night when temp reached 82 (set for 74). Front desk person came to investigate but could not figure out issue either.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. I apologize for the maintenance issues with our heating unit. We have looked each unit and have resolved any issues.

Jessica Roskos