“A B&B like you see in the movies...”
Review of Pratt-Taber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Pratt-Taber Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Had a WONDERFUL stay with Deb & Max in the Summer suite at Pratt-Taber. Not sure we'll be able to have another B&B experience without always comparing it back to our time here in Red Wing. It was like they make it look in the movies...just lovely. Delicious homemade breakfasts, a lovely hostess, plenty of privacy, wonderful conversations with new people...all in a lovely backdrop. Autumn until Christmas is a magical time to visit as Deb's decorative creations are worth seeing all on their own. 8 months pregnant and I couldn't have been more comfortable... The attention is really spent on the fine details, and Deb clearly loves and is great at providing such a comforting experience.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Pratt-Taber isn't perfect, but perfection isn't the domain of any B&B anyway. We spent two nights in the Summer Room, and quickly grew to love its quirks and comforts. Deb, the innkeeper, is incredibly personable, dispensing delicious frittatas and entertaining stories in equal measure; and Max, the 30-pound cat that roams the Pratt-Taber and confidently exposes his belly to guests, is a fitting mascot. Situated just a few blocks from Red Wing's downtown and the Mississippi River, we found the inn a convenient launch for our daytime activities and a welcoming home when we returned. We will definitely be back at the Pratt-Taber the next time we are anywhere near the Southeast Minnesota area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We enjoyed our two days at Pratt Taber Inn. Deb was most gracious. Our "autumn" room was so comfortable. I was concerned because we had stayed at a Victorian home before and the furniture had been so tiny and fragile that nothing was comfortable. Not at Pratt Taber, we felt at ease just sitting and reading or visiting. Aside from the trains that you will hear anywhere along the Mississippi, the house was so quite. We could hear nothing from other rooms or any part of the house. We didn't even hear her bring up the coffee to just outside our room in the morning. There were always brownies and other snacks available. Breakfasts were yummy. I liked the scones and my husband was more than willing to have a little dessert after breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our one-night getaway from the Twin Cities at the Pratt-Taber Inn. The place is oozing character, the food is quite good, and Debra gave us a warm welcome. The restoration work on the house takes you right back to the Victorian era, and yet still has plenty of modern amenities. Very comfortable bed. For all this, it's amazing it's not more expensive.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were greeted at the door by Deb and her precious ragdoll cat Max. The Inn was decorated beautifully for fall, my favorite time of the year. You can see the love and care Deb has spent on the beautiful Pratt-Taber Inn, she loves to share the history with you. My husband and I chose the spring room which faces the front street, we loved hearing the old church bells ringing near by. Breakfast was amazing, especially the homemade apple pie, with homemade pie crust and I cherished having Deb sit and visit with our group for breakfast. I hope you take time to visit Deb and enjoy her beautiful restored B&B sometime soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank minnesotakathi
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was our first BB experience as a couple and Debra, the inn keeper was a great host. We stayed in the winter room whch was bright, cool and very roomy. Debra has the entire home decorated with the right amount of stuff, that compliments this historic home. Our arrival in the afternoon began with a simple and delicious wine and crackers reception. Debra is a good listener. When I mentioned I used a CPATH sleep machine she later offered me a jug of distilled water. Debra had several dinner suggestions and even had a few menus for some local favorites. Don't miss a visit to Memorial Park on East 7th for a sunset view from the bluff there. Once you get to the top of this bluff, the view of the Mississippi river valley adjacent to Red Wing is most impressive. The inn is within walking distance of downtown, and is on a quiet street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onmytrip
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in the spring room (rooms are called spring, summer, fall and winter, all upstairs accessed by a beautiful flight of stairs.) We found our room to be bright and cheerful with lots of storage, three comfy chairs, three tall windows and beautifully decorated. If you are physically limited, though, I suggest you reserve the room with a walk in shower (winter, I think), since this room has the tub with shower. The bed was delightfully comfortable with wonderful linens. We spent quite a bit of time on the front porch as well as the screened-in side porch. Around 5pm Deb served us wine, cheese and crackers. Also upstairs, there were brownies, nut mix, soda and water. Coffee was also available upstairs in the morning. The breakfasts were wonderful and served at a beautiful table with candles. The inn is close to downtown, so we were able to walk and Deb has menus for the restaurants. Deb is delightful and fun to talk too. It was so interesting to hear how and when she acquired the house. There are a few repairs needed, but one would expect this in a house of this age. It is beautifully decorated and one instantly can see the tender loving care it has received. Red Wing is a nice town to stroll through, although like lots of others, there are some empty stores. I recommend this inn, especially if you like the feel of an older home and want to feel pampered.

Room Tip: If you like a bright room, I suggest the spring room. All the rooms are nice though.