“Great resort!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ray
Arrowhead Lodge & Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Ray
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I have stayed at Arrowhead Lodge for several summers, and it has now become our annual summer destination.

Arrowhead Lodge can be distinguished from many of the other properties on Lake Kabetogama. Here are just a few things:
The Lodge: The resort is home to a historic log lodge. In it, the owners serve wonderful home-cooked meals (reservations required for dinner, lunches available on request). They have a great bar, friendly owners, and many comfortable areas to read, enjoy the view or take in a movie.

The Location: Arrowhead Lodge's property is adjacent to the Wooden Frog Campground and the Voyager's National Park. The park service offers programs at the campground, and the boat launch is right next to the resort's dock. I've seen nearly all of the cabins, and would be happy to stay in any of them. What I particularly like is that the property is large enough so you have the choice of some secluded, quiet cabins, or some right near the playground ideal for kids or groups who want to be near one another. They also have a great yard space which is fun for playing soccer or other games, building a campfire, or playing on the playground. The property is really well kept and clearly maintained with lots of love and care. They also have some RV sites.

Their dock is huge, they have boats, pontoon boats, paddle boats, kayaks, etc. for rental. You also can book a guided trip with one of the owners to various locations throughout the lake.

The Cabins: All of the cabins are unique, spotlessly clean, well equipped with everything you need. No A/C (never needed), but there is heat (which we have needed, even in July/August). I'd stay in any of the cabins any day. My personal favorite? They have a little cabin right by the lake perfect for 2. It sits on a rock and at night you can hear the water lapping up on the shore. Heavenly.

Finally, I can't say enough about the owners and management. This resort is family run, with three generations working there. Friendly, and committed to making sure you have a good time.

I'd highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to see this beautiful part of the country.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank ljordan2011

Been to Arrowhead Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!