Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
$114
Orbitz.com
$119
$63
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$106
$60
$110
$96
$107
Hampton.com
$110
$85
All reviewsspirit mountainpool sideroom was cleanpool and hot tubfree breakfastwould stay here againcanal parkgreat pricefitness centeroatmealminute drivedulutharcadepoolsidefreeway
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My experience with this hotel started when I was put on hold for 8 minutes-- I should have known better. The rooms are smaller than average, there are way too many stairs, the price was much more than the product deserved.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Apparently maid service was too busy after our first night. Not sure anything done to room (such as making the bed, running the vacuum). Only adequate cleanliness. Small rooms. ................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 1, 2013

An overall nice value. It was the most reasonable, but it had no elevator, a small breakfast area, very crowded. Great breakfast. The beds were very uncomfortable. If you don't mind saving a few bucks for the sake of comfort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Strange entry with stairs, stairs to the room, no elevators, sparse furnishings, the shower will get you wet if you have the time to stay in long enough. Breakfast was a disaster as far more guests than space or food, could not even get a cup of coffee because they were out. The worst was the front desk. Two pm and one am clerk that did not want to be there and didn't want anyone else there either. Noisy halls late at night and early in the morning. Won't be back.

Room Tip: Here is a tip about choosing a room, just don't.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The entrance into the hotel is strange and crowded. The first thing I noticed was the multiple stains in the carpet and the dank musty smell. Our room was small (nothing like what the picture online showed), and the bathroom was the size of a broom closet. The bathtub creaked whenever you moved, like it was going to fall through the floor at any second, and the shower head is shorter than I am! I'm only 5 feet 9 inches tall and I had to bend my knees and awkwardly lean backwards just to wash my hair. And come on.... I've used dinner napkins larger than those towels. The fitness room was locked every time I tried to go in, so you can forget about your morning workout. Another thing I found odd was that the hot tub/ sauna area was located in a completely different room located down the hall from the pool. Parents won't be able to relax in the hot tub and let their younger kids swim at the same time. Worse yet, the hot tub/ sauna room has a cheap, see through, wooden gate as the door, and the entire wall was lined with large windows looking out into the hallway. Any creep casually strolling by on the way to their room can see you. All of this would have been tolerable had it not been for one reoccurring issue: The key cards DON'T WORK!!!!! My two sisters and I were locked out of our room a total of six times in our three day stay. Six times! That's ridiculous. Thankfully, two of those times one of us was still inside the room to open the door. Every time we had to go back down to the front desk we had to wait in line for ten minutes just to have our key cards reactivated. It wasn't just our room either, but the entire hotel! A couple staying a few rooms down from us actually checked out early and found another hotel because of it. If the key cards are that big of a problem, why wouldn't you have some one come in and fix it? The $350.00 we spent for our stay was not worth it in the least. Overall, our experience wasn't bad, and the staff was always friendly, but I feel a Super 8 Motel was probably more worth our time.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the second floor (where the front desk is located) so that way when you're locked out of your room because your key card doesn't work, you won't have to walk as far to have it reactivated. And the rooms on the back side of the hotel have a great view of the McDonald's and Holiday gas station across the street!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family