Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth
$68
$119
Hotels.com
$63
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$106
$60
$110
$96
$107
$110
$85
All reviewsspirit mountainking suitecookiescanal parknice hotelwafflessausagewould stay here againhot breakfasteasy accessnorth shoremake your ownstaff was friendlygas stationhotel is locatedpool and hot tubroom was large
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed here on our way up north to visit family, and while the room and service were great the noise level was on the high side.

The good:
Great location
Wonderful staff
Nice rooms
Nice pool area
Very welcoming lobby
Has ski lockers out front
Nice breakfast with a very large selection

The bad:
The hotel is located less then a 100 yards from train tracks this may bother some but not others. It bothered my spouse but not me
We could hear our neighbors on both sides

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the hotel are best
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
CISDuluth, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Country Inns & Suites Duluth South
218-628-0668

Reviewed May 26, 2011

We recently stayed here in the 1 bedroom suite with 2 small children. The entry room with the couch and tv separated from the bedroom was a nice fit for our family.

My daughter throughly enjoyed the pool area and we thought the breakfast was adequate (especially liked the yogurt with add-your-own strawberries/blueberries/granola/etc) The eggs and sausage could use some upgrading however (extremely dry). Even the hard-boiled eggs seemed dry which was surprising.

The sign in the bathroom about the hotel charging you for towels/etc if you take them seemed a bit unnecessary. Did not like signing initials in 3 different spots on checkin.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We were very pleased with our choice to stay here. It was our first time in this hotel chain. The room we chose was a king suite and it had a couch and chair in a separate living area, and a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was really great with WAY more food choices than the usual hotel we stay at. Lovely having waffles and gourmet coffee in the morning, not to mention ham or sausages! Our only complaint was the first night there was a lot of noise in the hallway. I called the front desk twice, because I had been unable to sleep all night. I had a reduction of my bill for that night, but would really have preferred it to have been quiet all night and not had that issue. I feel as though hotels should have regular security checks and listen for noisy party people, especially after a complaint. Why should anyone have to call twice? The noise issue wasn't the fault of the hotel, and they tried to help immediately after I called. The second night was quiet, and I slept well.
Another nice little perk is the cookies available at all times. I joined the club to collect points, and liked this hotel so much that I will seek out the Country Inn and Suites hotel wherever I travel!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
CISDuluth, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Sincerly,

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I usually stay here when flying in or out of Duluth, Have been staying here off and on for the last few years. Friendly staff, clean hotel, nice rooms, great breakfast. Close to some other restaurants as well. Convenient to I35 yet still quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
CISDuluth, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Sincerly,

Reviewed November 10, 2010

Excellent Breakfast, enjoyable pool and hot tub. Location is close to Duluth without the high downtown prices. Close to many attractions.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family