AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
BYRON
“Great value”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Almost all the hotel/motels in the Duluth MN area were, in our opinion, overpriced and we really enjoyed our stay at the AmericInn. The rooms were comfortable, the internet was fast and the breakfast was awesome. Add in it cost us about half of the others. Too bad there aren't more AmericInns in other parts of the US because we would use them every place we travel to.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Vicki D,

I am so glad that you found us! I agree everything in the area gets a little spendy this time of the year, but we do our best to stay competative and fair.

During our renovations we worked really hard to concentrate on the things that mattered to our guests. You mentioned all three!

Clean Comfortable Rooms
Fast Internet
Hot Home Style breakfast

There are now over 200 AmericInn hotels in the country - hopefully you will find one where ever your adventures bring you.

Thank you again for your kind words, and I hope we see you again real soon!

Kind Regards,

Tony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
St. Cloud
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great breakfast, friendly and courteous staff. I was holding my infant son and a staff member offered to help put my toddler son in a booster seat for breakfast since my arms were full. Very nice lady to help out a mommy of two little ones.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Laura S,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent trip to the Northland. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your comments on how freindly and courteous our staff is. That is our favorite part of our jobs - getting to make your day!

We hope to see you again soon.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with Trip Advisor.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 16, 2014

By far my favorite hotel of my recent road trip. The staff were exceedingly and genuinely friendly. All of them. The breakfast was good. The location was great. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. So comfy, I didn't want to leave. The attached restaurant has a good menu and beer selection. My wife and I both enjoyed our dinner there. This was a great stay from top to bottom.

Mankato
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel is bordered by large pine trees that you smell the minute you get out of your car. It feels very safe and private. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms feel high-end, are decorated nicely, and are clean. Lobby/dining area is magnificent and breakfast was great. Hot tub a bit too hot. We've stayed here twice and definitely will again.

Crawfordsville
Reviewed July 12, 2014

a great place to stay and eat swim and relax i would anyone i know would stay here and have a great time the service is great the rooms are always fresh and clean there is no way to go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
James,

I am very glad to have had the opportunity to serve you during your recent stay with us. We are especially pleased to know that all our hard work with the renovations is paying off. It is our absolute pleasure to show our hotel and staff off. We are very proud of our property!

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your thoughts.

Please come back and see us again.

N. Fort Myers
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Queen bed is smaller than any queen bed I ever have slept on. Manager said hotel beds are smaller than home beds, yeah whatever.

Their website is very hard to navigate. It also shows rooms available that are not available.

Under stocked and cold breakfast and no half and half for coffee.

Cheap Shampoo and Conditioner and no lotion, and Kmart sized towels.

Do yourself a favor and try another hotel.
Don't and you will be sorry.

Will not get my business again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian R
Brian,

Thank you for staying with us again this year.

I am very sorry you were not 100% satisfied with your stay this time. Our goal is to provide clean, quiet, comfortable accommodations for our guests when they stay with us.

Clearly we did not meet our goal with you. I will share your comments about the linens, shampoo, conditioner and lotion with the quality team at AmericInn International. I know they are always open to suggestions and feedback about the products we provide for our guests and items on our complimentary hot home style breakfast.

I do hope you give us another try next time you are in the area. I would suggest using the americinn.com website to book though-it will always have the most accurate information about our availability and room types. Or you can always call us directly at the hotel (218-624-1026) - It would be my pleasure to give you a free upgrade next time to a King bed so you have the extra room you are used to, just give me a call to make your next reservations.

Thanks again for staying with us, again. We hope to see you again soon.

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our son, daughter-in-law and grandsons live in Duluth, so we are up here quite often and this Americinn has become our stay of choice. The folks at the front desk are courteous and helpful. The pool is well maintained (an important plus when our two young grandsons come to visit us at the hotel), the rooms are well appointed and maintained. Out of the dozen or more times we have stayed at the hotel, we have only had to tolerate late-night noise makers one time. The breakfasts are good and the room rates are reasonable (especially with the AAA discount). The attached restaurant, Blackwoods, is okay, but nothing to write home about. Decent food and decent service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Ronald,

Thank you so much for staying with us again! We always look forward to your visits. I'm glad to know that the grandson's still come and enjoy the pool when you stay with us. The pool is a favorite for a lot of families.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone.

We hope you enjoy your summer. It is short lived in our part of the country so I'm glad you got to enjoy some warm weather this time.

Until next time,

Tony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth
Park Point Marina Inn
#2 of 33 in Duluth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Duluth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Property: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810-2317
Location: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel & Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Proctor