and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Janesville
“Northwoods Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The entire atmosphere is welcoming and warm! The Continental breakfast was awesome, the staff was so accommodating and friendly, the hotel was full for the holiday weekend but very quiet, located right next to a very good restaurant. The hotel is just far enough away from Duluth to be away from the crowds yet still only minutes away from beautiful Lake Superior!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Tony B, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Kristie & Jeff,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.

You guys chose the perfect 4th of July to spend in the Duluth area!

I appreciate hearing that you felt the staff was accommodating and friendly - that is always our goal and top priority. Looks like all our hard work is paying off - really it's very easy and fun. We enjoy our jobs and look forward to guests like you staying with us.

I hope you get to come back and see us again before the snow begins to fall. You can always come up and join us at Bentleyville this winter.

If you're looking for another adventure - just give us a call.

Hope to see you again soon...

Tony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lisbon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room was absolutely perfect a little over priced for the few hours spent in room. But the breakfast made up the difference. It was fantastic . The staff on June 27th and 28th was great and the smoke free rooms smelled just so fresh. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Terry,

Thank you for the lovely comments about your stay with us.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and our expanded Hot Home Style Breakfast.

I hope you got to enjoy some of our home cooking. Amie is a rock star at making our new Saturday breakfast scrambled eggs from scratch.

I hope to see you again real soon!

Tony and staff
Chaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our family stayed here Grandma's Marathon weekend. Room was very clean. They even set out water bottles and treats for us running the marathon. They did have shuttle service for runners. Staff was great! Well stocked breakfast and kids liked the pool area. It was nice to have Black Woods Restaurant right there on site. Our only complaint was the required two night stay that weekend and they didn't honor any discounts like AAA.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Jessica,

Thank you for staying with us over Grandma's Marathon weekend this year. I hope you enjoyed the marathon and all the beauty you travel through on your journey to the finish line.

It was our pleasure to have all the treats and water for you upon your arrival. I hope you got up in time to take advantage of the breakfast we had ready for the runners and support crews at 4am.

This is one of the busiest weekends for the pool and hot tub due to the marathon and everyone wanting to rest their bodies in warmth. I'm glad to hear your children had a good time, too.

I'm sorry about the two night minimum on the marathon weekend. It's the only time of the year we do that (as do the other hotels in the area). Please know we will not do that any other weekend of the year.

I hope you consider staying with us again next year for the marathon - if you do, we are offering the guests that stayed with us this year a discount on the 2nd night in 2015. Let me know if you want to take advantage of that discount.

Jessica, if there is anything else I can ever help you with in your North Woods adventure, just let me know!

See you again soon,

Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Spent the past year taking advantage of day time hours to use the pool at this AmericInn in Proctor, MN to gain exercise and meet with good friend during the early morning hours. The pool is always warm, clean, and not highly populated to make for good conversation and gentle breast stroke laps. Hot tub is sometimes a bit too warm for us, but available and operational to sooth back aches from this past terrible winter of too much snow!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Early Morning Swimmer,

It is our absolute pleasure to have you come and use our pool and hot tub for exercise, relaxation and socialization during the winter months. It's nice to have you spend your early mornings with me (I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets up so early).

Looking forward to seeing all of you again in the fall!

Have a great summer.

Hibbing, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Very friendly staff, comfortable bed, nice shower, and good location! Free continental breakfast was nice, and there's an attached restaurant for lunch/dinner. I stayed in the king bed jacuzzi suite and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful! I would stay here again :-)

• Stayed June 2014
Jamie & Sarah,

I am very glad to hear you guys enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very proud of our renovations all our hard work has paid off with guests like you that let us know that you are enjoying the new beds, marble showers with giant shower heads and our new menu items on our Hot Home Style breakfast.

Next time you should try one of the two room suites or the whirlpool rooms with a fireplace (especially if it's in the winter months!)

Black Wood is one of my favorite places to dine in the area. I'm very excited about all their new menu items. Fish Tacos are my favorite and I recommend them next time you stay with us.

Next time you should check out the Adventure Park at Spirit Mountain. It's just a mile away and the Timber Twister is really fun!

If there is anything I can do to help you plan your next adventure, just give me a call!

Take care and see you soon!

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was a great location to stay for Grandma's marathon. 8 miles from Duluth, but only a 2 night requirement. Better rooms for your money than downtown Duluth. Great people that work at the hotel and have a very clean establishment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Misty,

Thank you for staying with us over Grandma's Marathon weekend this year. I hope you enjoyed the scenery during your run!

We are so proud of our staff and newly renovated guest rooms. Great guests like you make it all worth while.

I hope you consider staying with us again next year for the Marathon. We are extending a discount to our 2014 Grandma's Marathon Guests on their 2nd night of 2015 when they book early. Let me know if you want to set up your reservations for next year. We'll have even more exciting changes by then.

Come up a day early or stay a day after the weekend for a even bigger discount!

Let me know if I can help you get set up for another adventure!

Until next time.

St Paul Minnesota Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here June 6 as we were getting ready for the MS 150 Bike Ride from Proctor to Hinckley. Have stayed here several years in a row for this event. This hotel is always clean and the staff is always wonderful and friendly. Ryan, or Brian?) one of the front desk staff even carried my bike up to my room for me! Awesome! Beds are always comfortable and room has always been clean!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#9 of 33 in Duluth

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center

Property: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center
Address: 185 Highway 2, Proctor, MN 55810-2317
Location: United States > Minnesota > Proctor
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Proctor
Hotel Class:2 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center 2*
The AmericInn Duluth South is located in Proctor Minnesota, on the South end of Duluth. Just a quick 10 minute drive from the Downtown/Canal Park area and 1 mile from Spirit Mountain. 67 Newly renovated and updated rooms and suites. Conveniently attached to Black Woods Grill & Bar and Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Duluth South — Black Woods Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Hotel And Suites Duluth South _ Black Woods Convention Center