Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
$76
$77
$100
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsventilation systemcaribou coffeeroom keycasino floornon smokingadjoining roomsfitness centervalet parkingnice roommini fridgeslot machineshot tubtwin citiesnice stayking bedbeds were comfortableblackjack
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had never been to Mystic Lake before. I had read past reviews and was skeptical. This trip was so much fun and well worth the money. Everyone was kind and very helpful. The only thing I would change is the bedspread in the room. It makes it a little dated. I would stay again!

Room Tip: Like anywhere the hallways are a little loud when people are going to their rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This experience was wonderful...they added the Mystic dancers so it was like being in Vegas!!! So very glad they added this! The dancers were awesome! The buffet was better that any one I have ever eaten at in Vegas! So much variety!! The machines were fun to play too. I didn't win a lot of money but the machines kept you playing...I like that! You have to stay here without a doubt!! the pool area was wonderful...especially because they have family time and adult times only!!! loved that! something for everyone!!! Spa looked wonderful...I will d that my next trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a nice casino hotel, but there is nothing about my experience here that makes it anything other than average. The room was nicely appointed and clean, but the sheets had some small stains. The front desk staff was fine, but not really friendly. They did not speak to me until I greeted them first when I checked in and when I checked out. I expect that at Walmart, but in my opinion, its a tad off putting at a hotel front desk. The buffet in the casino is very good, but our service and every table's service around us was awful.

I had a good time and I slept good, but this hotel is entirely average. I would stay here again, but I'm not in any hurry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel several times since 2004, including free stays and also paying the normal fee for a room. I have taken numerous friends and family for get aways and concerts here. I usually choose this place while on business as well even though it's usually out of the way to drive from downtown Twin Cities. Staff at front desk were friendly as usual. I have noticed a huge increase in the amount of children staying in the hotel with parents and even saw some in the casino. The pool is always nice including the hot tub. They have revamped the Buffet with many new things which was a pleasant surprise. The room was quiet, however the beds need to be updated and the cable channels have decreased. I guess along with everything else in the world and economny ect...things become tight. I have noticed the casino slots seem to be much tighter than usual. Smaller payouts, less bonuses, ect. The serving of alcohol was a nice addition. Overall nice hotel, decent food, comfortable stay. Improvements would be, beds, bedding/linen, tv's, cable, and perhaps loosen the slots a bit.

Room Tip: Higher floored rooms provide better views, request a room away from elevators for extra quiet moments, don't plan on winning a jackpot or large sum of money in casino.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A M
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Rooms really need updating, especially the beds. They are uncomfortable and the bedspreads are dated and quite frankly scary....its time for duvet covers please....if they would address this it would rate much higher, the rest of the room is fine.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends