Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
$73
$98
$94
Hotels.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeville(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$100
$100
$87
All reviewsventilation systemcaribou coffeeroom keycasino floornon smokingadjoining roomsfitness centervalet parkingnice roommini fridgeslot machineshot tubtwin citiesnice stayking bedbeds were comfortableblackjack
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Mystic Lake offered many os the amenities found in Las Vegas but with a real focus on customer service. The double queen standard room was upscale and clean (no smell of smoke whatsoever on the whole floor) loved the earth-friendly shampoo etc. Amazing food during the conference! Plus, the staff was amazing! From the security guards who gave directions with a chuckle to the bingo staff, valet and everyone else! The real "customer service rock star" is Scott who works in Lost & Found. I had left a few items in the room and upon calling them, he is mailing them out! He even called back to make sure he sent me the right iPad power cord!! Very impressed! I will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LWork
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times - enjoyed the pool and fitness center and amenities of nearby fitness club (as hotel guest). Free shuttle available between hotel and larger fitness center just a few minutes away. Friendly efficient valet parking. Several choices of restaurants within the casino, moderately priced. No complaints.

Room Tip: The golf course view to the west or sunlit from with south facing rooms are quite pleasant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank janemarieh
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed two nights for a conference. Hotel is very nice, seems to be well run. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Checkin was efficient and staff very friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurants were expensive and the food mediocre. Margaritas were made with a heavily citric acid laden commercial mix. We got a light breakfast of sweet roll ans coffee from the lobby coffee bar. The pastries were at least a day old, probably older. The coffee was good though. Its a casino hotel but, unlike the hotel, the casino clearly catered to the less than prosperous. A lot of raggedy, homeless looking people playing penny slots, yep PENNY slot machines, rows upon rows of penny slot machines, and wandering around the facility. There were LOTS of security guards. Now, its always good to see security procedures in place but you wonder how safe the place is if they need that many security guards in a remote location like this. Its located on an Indian reservation miles from any town. Its pretty clear that the threat that they needed to protect against were their own customers. Its kind of sad.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Let me start by saying I've been going to Mystic for almost as long as I can remember. Even before I was old enough to gamble there, we used to go there and eat at holiday times.
I've stayed there on several occasions because I have family in the area, and with the free shuttles it's easy to get there and once you're there you don't really need to leave.
However, the last few times I've stayed it's just been sliding downhill.
Not only are the rooms getting to be tired, but I haven't woken up there in the past couple years without a backache. It's not like they give me the same room over and over again, either.

I also used to get upgraded once in a while (like once out of 5-6 stays) but the last upgrade was xmas of 2009.

The hotel itself is lacking on a couple amenities, including fridge/microwave in the room. I get it's supposed to encourage me to put clothes on and go downstairs and get food, but really it just seems cheap. The food there *is* pretty good, and that should be encouragement enough to go eat it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like some popcorn with my $20 movie or to keep meds or water cold.
Also, with the sheer number of children they rent to, you'd think some of these parents would want to keep milk around. Kids drink milk, right?
I assumed that with the booze would come minibars that I could move the overpriced firewater out of and put in a sandwich, but no.

Also, the room amenities are full of allergens. Some of the other places I stay have allergen free room amenities and it's not like these are 5 star resorts or anything. It can't cost THAT much more, and it's obvious that Mystic isn't hurting for money.

There were several issues the last time I stayed, specifically:
Engineering had to come three times to work on the tv. I had NEVER had a single room problem (except a mixup that put me in smoking once but that was an honest mistake, and we got upgraded that time, but that was several years ago) and so to have the same problem three times with the tv was not what I had been expecting.
One of the times the engineer saw that I had the kitchen sink full of ice because I was chilling pop in the sink for my partner and made a snide comment about the ice machines being empty all the time because of this. RUDE.
Then, I told him I'd be happy to put it in the fridge if they'd only join the 21st century and put them in the rooms and he said "I'd quit. I don't wanna be fixing no (f word) fridges man!"
The "fix" for the tv was short lived, I called down and requested someone else, who did fix it correctly. The previous guy hadn't wanted to go to the engineering office for the correct tool for the job.

Finally, when we were getting ready to leave the morning we departed, I could hear two housekeepers shouting back and forth. Not angrily, just gossiping. The phrase I heard clearly was "DID YOU HEAR THAT (b word) GOT ANOTHER JOB!"
I didn't think much of it, assuming perhaps they were just right outside the door or cleaning the room next door or across. When we did go out in the corridor, they were in different rooms down the hall across from each other, shouting over their vacuum cleaners. Perhaps they should invest in bluetooth headsets if they want to gossip while working.

Bottom line is that there are a LOT of hotels in Shakopee, with two new ones in the past couple years, and maybe one of them deserves a chance or two. I bet the Hilton breakfast isn't as good as midnight nachos, but the service can't be a lot worse.

Room Tip: They don't give you any choices at all anyway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank keviefriend
Reviewed January 4, 2014

They are really strict, the security is rude. The showers are cheap. Just you get asked for ID every security you see
. We were just going to the deli and we got stopped by every security gaurd we saw. Its a nice place but the staff if really rude.

• Stayed: January 2014