“Excellent rooms”

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here recently on business, and the room was large, spacious, and very quiet. The elevators were fast, which made movement throughout the hotel easier. I must say the food was somewhat mediocre that was served for the two days I was there.

1  Thank Larry55964
There are newer reviews for Mystic Lake Casino Hotel

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here on a recent Friday night. Our room on the sixteenth floor was quite large, well appointed and very nice, no complaints. The price was steep and for that reason I probably won't be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timminn
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights there. My husband and I had a nonsmoking king. My biggest gripe was there was no place to plug out phone chargers into. The man go checked us in decided to put us on floor 7 instead of 6 because it was nicer. Our bed was hard as a rock. We had no mini fridge to store our food. They do have them, but you have to request it (free of charge). It's little and we could store only 2 to go boxed from a restaurant we ate at. My mom stayed in a smoking room and it was nicer than ours even though it was the same thing and same price. When we got ready to leave we found out the area we parked our car at (casinos hotel parking) was closed and it was irritating to try to find a way to get out of the parking lot. It's a pretty hotel and customer service was nice, but for the same price I've stayed at a Hyatt in Dallas and got nicer things.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JodeMay
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this casino and the hotel rooms are always clean and nice. The steak restaurant is great and always have a great meal there. I like the dollar blackjack tables because they are fun and good practice for my trips to Vegas. I also like how it is just outside of Minneapolis but still very easy to get to.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Checked in with friendly staff. Nice room...very clean. Pillows not comfortable. Wi Fi did not work. Pool area was the best part of the stay. Very well done. Stayed here on a promo for $104 a night. Would not stay here for more than that though.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank iver0185
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I are local, went on a Wednesday night hoping for a hotel stay. Our daughter was in Fl. checking out the University so we thought "Let's go have some fun" They said they had nothing available but to check back every hour. Which we did, as it became 2:00 am in the morning, we thought we would try one more time before driving home. The guy at the desk said there wasn't anything, my husband said to him " Why couldn't you tell us that in the first place 6 hours ago instead of having us check back every hour" he said " That's the idea, to keep you here gambling" We will never step a foot back there again.

Room Tip: Go to Hinkley.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda F
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the fourth time that my husband and I stayed at Mystic Lake. The hotel is nice and the rooms were clean. The hot water was not very hot in the shower. The staff was helpful. The slots were the worst ever. After four times of visiting, we have decided never to come back. The odds were the worst that we have ever experienced. Our money didn't even get us much play time...it was just gone in a short amount of time. This has happened every time. The odds seem ten times better at other casinos. We ate at the buffet and at their food court area. The buffet is average but the food court was really bland. After eating there twice, we will not be eating there again. A word of advice to the management...turn the odds up and honor your signs that say "the loosest slots in Minnesota". That's false advertising!

• Stayed: May 2013
#1 of 1 in Savage
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!