“Love It!”

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I absolutely love Mysitc Lake! The Hotel is clean, affordable, and the staff is friendly. I went there for my birthday a couple years back and ever since then I can't get enough! I live about 4 hours away from Mystic Lake, but I believe that it is well worth the drive. It is a wonderful spot to go if you are looking to have a fun, but relaxing time. There's no need to ever leave during your stay. There are many resturants to choose from including the Buffet, which I highly recommend. They have a spa and a golf course, which keeps the guys and the girls entertained. It's a great time whether you are looking for some place fun to go with your friends or a nice relaxing trip for couples. Best part of all, everytime I go, I leave with more money then I came in with. Who doesn't love a FREE trip?!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mindy988

Reviewed December 30, 2007

Megaresort hotel. Wear walking shoes! Parking is quite far away unless you use valet. Liked that there was laundry on site but you have to drive or take the shuttle. It was in the RV Park.

Clean rooms and generous with towels.

Casino was a little tight. Not very loose. Buffet was OK. Does not vary from night to night.

Free wireless internet in the Business Centre or in the lobby area. Not in rooms. Didn't like that.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Travellerforlife
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This was the first time I stayed at Mystic Lake. I can't say enough good things about it. Sparkling clean, beautiful rooms, great food, helpful staff and most important...........a great selection of machines that seemed to pay out quite nicely. I you plan on staying or playing at Mystic Lake, I sure you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank niedme915
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Been to most Casinos in Minn, Iowa, and Wisc. and Mystic
is the best. Clean throughout and friendly staff. The air is not too smokey and that coming from a non smoker. The slot payouts
are very nice for low or high bets. Weekdays are best. The Casino is huge but after a few visits you'll know your way around.
Treasure Island in Red Wing, Minn. is # 2 in my book!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank pedrovich
Reviewed July 17, 2007

If I could rate this lower I would. But.. I went to this place with my parents as a little get-away. We all were treated poorly by all the employees. From what I could see or hear there is NO Customer Service there. The casino itself was really confusing and we all got lost several times. With that being said... The Casino was the tightest casino I've ever been to my entire lifeof gambling. My Family and myself will never waste the time or the money to come back! And If anyone asks me I won't say anything positive about the hotel or casino

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank des_dancer
Reviewed February 19, 2007

This was the first time I stayed at the casino in a long time. They upgraded us to one of the top floors in the newest building. The room was VERY nice and clean. Valet parking is free if your staying in the hotel. The food is pretty good but the prices seem to always go up and the portions get smaller from the last time I was there.

Im a smoker and it is almost always to smokey in the casino even for me. I really feel sorry for the non smokers.

Its a darn shame that when you go gambling and spend your hard earned money that you cant enjoy a drink while doing so. We did bring a bottle into our room but they would have taken it if they saw it. I know they do search coolers if you bring them in and they will take your booze. There are signs everywhere reminding you alcohol is not allowed.

As far as gaming goes, I have been gambling there for MANY years. It has gotten so tight there that you wouldnt believe it unless you have been going long enough to witness it. All of the regulars, if they can afford to still be going, strongly agree with this. At one time it was very fun and more times than not, even profitable. But that have tightened up the slots so bad that its next to impossible to win big anymore or even win enough to have fun. Many times you can sit there for hours with 100 machines in your sight and you wont even see one jackpot light.

They seem to cut corners more and more every year. They have gotten rid of most of the change people so dont waste your time turning on your change light and waiting for someone, go get your own. If your that lucky 1 in 500 and win a jackpot it can take forever for them to get to you. The help likes standing around in groups and telling stories instead of helping you. The comp rewards keep geting worse all the time and the cigarette prices are way to high for a indian reservation.

Save your money for vegas, the flights can be as cheap as $99 a trip. At least there they enforce fair gaming and the drinks are free!

Stayed: February 2007
18  Thank Goosebumps
Reviewed December 5, 2006

when reedeming your free stay coupons here, be aware your treatment will differ greatly from that of a full price paying customer. I have stayed there 4 times in the last two months, and this time there was a desk error...they assigned my credit card to the wrong room! luckily there were no fradulent charges, however, upon expressing my concern to the front desk, I was offered free meals for me to just go away (which I declined) and told "If you would talk to me like an adult I could take care of your breakfast" that was it, we were clearly not on the same page and I reported to the floor manager who also seemed to want us to just go away. other notes...the games are great judging by midwest area competetors standards, food is great, beds are rock hard.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank nick7084
Valley Inn Shakopee
Valley Inn Shakopee
#6 of 12 in Shakopee
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!