“Best Option in Area”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is located at the south edge of Princeton, right off Highway 169 . It is very easy to find and within minutes of downtown, but with a gas station/C-store on one side and a major supermarket on the other, it is surrounded by traffic and activity 24/7. This may be a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

My wife and I stayed here two nights in association with a wedding. Our friends in the wedding party said the staff went over-the-top to accommodate them so we were happy to hear that. We personally had some trouble at checkout when they could not accommodate our request to pay with cash. I have run into this at several hotels of multiple brands over the past couple years and seriously can't understand why this always has to be such an issue.

Our room was clean and comfortable, Bed quality was superb and volume was generally under control although baby noise from the adjoining room occasionally did leak through.

The hot tub was too hot for my wife, while the swimming pool was too cold. Wi-Fi was free throughout the hotel, but slow. The free breakfast was below average for the AmericInn brand. The only hot option was biscuits and gravy, which wound up in the trash because the biscuits were stale and the gravy had a weird taste (I heard other guests comment about the same thing).

The stay was generally fine... but for a small-town hotel in off-peak season, the value is debatable. I have paid less and gotten more at other AmericInn hotels as well as other brands. With the breakfast shortcomings and a room without a fridge, microwave or any high-def TV channels, the rate of $95/night including tax felt at least $15 too high. That being said, this is by far the nicest option in the area so can't blame them for pricing themselves accordingly.

Room Tip: This hotel has no elevator. Demand a 1st floor room if mobility is an issue or you have a lot of stu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fender78

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very nice & clean. Cute suite for a reasonable rate. Check in was a breeze on my way (late) to the reception so that was especially helpful. Did not go in the pool area, if only because we were too late for it, but it looked nice & other people with kids enjoyed it. Breakfast area was pretty good, although we had the meeting room with extras for the wedding guests which was very nice that they offer/have it available. I still think they need better coffee in the lobby & rooms, which is why we usually bring our own & a french press, but we forgot this time so the lobby coffee had to be sufficient to start the morning after. Others in the bridal party had confusion with their rooms/reservations and the folks on the phone seemed to deal with them patiently. Overall, one of my better AmericInn experiences, AND a wedding-hotel-guest experiences. They seemed to accommodate the wedding better than I would expect from a "small town" hotel. :) A- (minus only for the coffee, otherwise a +)

Room Tip: 200, king suite was great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This could have been a much more stressful vacation if the hotel didn't make it such a pleasant experience. The staff was so pleasant, the hotel was well kept up, pool area in excellent condition and the breakfast was so much more than most with actual food, not just donuts and such.
Would highly recommend to families - especially those with children because the people have unlimited patience and support.

Room Tip: If possible go upstairs because pf the positioning of a/c units - some dripping occurs causing noise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We travel to Princeton frequently to visit our daughter and family and with 6 kids there is no room for us at her "inn". The location is great. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. They have updated the rooms with new beds and colors. The breakfast is nice as is the pool and hot tub. We love Nancy the manager. We have no problem connecting to the Internet and there is a computer and printer in the library for guests use. The breakfast area is small but adequate. We would recommend to anyone. Wish there was an exercise room but I can always go for a walk unless it is snowing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rmbuck
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My sister and I had traveled to Princeton for a family gathering and found Americinn convenient in location as well as providing a nice breakfast, a pool and hot tub, and comfortable beds for a very reasonable price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is the second year for our reunion. The comfort and cleanliness of the Inn is very close to being at home. The staff is friendly and very professional and very hospitable. Would not stay anywhere else! My wife and I received POSITIVELY OUTRAGEOUS SERVICE! I would recommend anyone who is needing to stay away from home, this is the the place to stay.... You will not regret it!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was very pleased with the hotel. The staff was very friendly. The room seemed bigger than usual. I had a standard room with two queen beds and there was a lot of room between the foot of the bed and the table and entertainment console.
The window air was very quiet allowing for a restful night.
I wasn't impressed with the internet connection. I never did get connected to gmail. I was able to browse the internet but it was slow.
The lobby was very nice, the breakfast had a lot of choices, the room was clean and kept up.
I was driving a large pickup with a very large trailer and it was a little tight getting in and out of the parking lot. If there had been many more cars in the lot I would have had to park elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was in a ground floor room facing the highway and it was very quiet. I wasn't bothered by traf...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JLet55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mora
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker Big Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville
Becker Inn & Suites
Becker Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Becker

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!