“Very Accomodating and Comfortable”

Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Iowa City, Iowa
“Very Accomodating and Comfortable”
Reviewed January 18, 2007

I visited the hotel last week as it was recommend by a large customer who uses this hotel frequently. It is most frequented by business people and was pleasant, comfortable, quiet, and readily accessible to the interstate. The rooms are very tastefully done though some rooms have the older "colorful polyester" bedspreads and others have the more comfy down comforters. Most all of the rooms - if not all - have the "sleep number" beds which are adjusted to your level of softness or firmness. The pillows were of varying thicknesses and this to me is a real plus. The decor of the lobby is spacious and inviting but relatively generically tasteful to cater to its business guests.

The very ample spa/workout facilities are also a plus: dry sauna, whirlpool and large pool (indoor), raquetball, wallyball and even a sand volleyball court. Fitness equipment was well maintained and of good quality. The locker rooms and baths/showers in the spa area are dated but not a problem in my view. Massages can be arranged easily and they have different fitness classes every day. A great plus.

I can not say enough about the friendliness of the staff, everyone from the gift shop staff to the front desk personnel. My taxi's were arranged by them and always on time. Brian and Dave, the shuttle drivers, were prompt and very helpful. There is plenty of complimentary parking compared to other high-end hotels. The restaurant food is quite good here and the bar area is lively but not loud. Room service was very prompt and got my order right every time. Management was always present and greeted you by name.

I would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone wanting a little peace and quiet and not so interested in being at a hotel in the middle of things. This is in the midst of a great many large businesses (Tyco, Cargill, etc.)

It is an easy $25 cab ride to the hip Uptown area and the same to downtown for more eclectic restaurants and shopping. Bear in mind that your meal choices are quite limited in Plymouth.

Kudos to this Radisson!

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank mimifg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2006

My husband and I just returned from staying the night at the Radisson Hotel in Plymouth, MN. There were several wedding parties booked at the hotel. The guests were extremely drunk, yelling and screaming, literally running up and down the hallways screeching. That these 'adults' were acting like this was in itself embarrassing, but the fact that the hotel staff chose to do NOTHING about it, was unconscionable. This went on until after 1 AM. I do not consider it my job to confront drunken hotel guests, but I do conisder it to be the job of the hotel staff. In the morning when we checked out, I complained and was told that there was security on site. I asked why security didn't take action to ensure a comfortable (and reasonably quiet) stay for ALL guests, and there was no answer. While the peson I complained to did apologise, he didn't seem to be terribly concerned, even when I pointed out that this type of thing would cause them to lose business (certainly OURS).

My suggestion: book with a hotel that cares that you have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mbenveniste
Monticello, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2006

I had my wedding reception there. They treated me like a princess. It was fabulous! They treated my guests like gold! The rooms were great, the whole place is very elegant. They were so friendly. I had an awesome time and I can't wait to go back. Also, the food is out of this world GREAT! I highly recommend them for any wedding reception. Their catering manager, Melissa was so wonderful! Thanks

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank lovdatcat
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I travel almost every week and stay at pretty nice hotels, however, I have to say The Radisson in Plymouth is just about perfect.

The hotel is wonderful:
- Service -Excellent
- Room Service-very, very good and reasonably priced
- Bed-Sleep Number Bed
- Great health club
- Quiet
- hotel window opens for fresh air and great!

There is a local shuttle van so I don't have to rent a car.

I mean I really, really like this place. I will stay here when I come on business from now on.

Stayed July 2005
2 Thank Denver-Rosie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2004

I booked a middle of the week combination "business/time with my daughter to celebrate her 23rd birthday" reservation through Hotwire. I chose this hotel based entirely on its amenities. When I arrived at the hotel at around 5:00 PM, they told me they didn't have a room for me, but they had a room reserved for me at the Days Inn. I told them that was not acceptable; either give me a room which I had already paid for, or give me back my money and I would drive to St. Cloud and stay at my daughter's apartment. Although they told me the Days Inn was comparable, I knew better. The Days Inn has no pool, fitness center, restaurant, or bar (all things I looked for when booking). The manager was no help either. There was one option: stay at the Days Inn. After 30 minutes of getting no where, we left and went to the Days Inn. The different between the two hotels in like day and night. Although I left my name and number with the desk and asked for the day manager to get back to me once I was home, no one ever did.

I have stayed at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center before and it is a beautiful place, but based on this experience, I wouldn't risk making another reservation there. We stay in twin cities hotels often and have never had such a disappointing experience before.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2004

We frequently make use of the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center for weekend getaways and by booking through the Radisson website, we are able to routinely reserve rooms for $79-$89/night. That's a great deal for this large, full-service hotel in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. The grounds include a conservancy where we've seen plenty of waterfowl, pheasant and even the occasional deer passing through.

Common areas are nicely appointed and well-maintained. The Sunday brunch is excellent, with abundant buffet choices and some custom items made-to-order, so there is no reason not to include it in your plans. There is a decent sized pool and hot tub that are part of a health club operated in the hotel, so you'll also find plenty of excercise equipment to choose from.

Rooms are well-maintained, functionally furnished and decent-sized, though fairly standard fare and nothing particularly remarkable or unique. Bathrooms are well-sized and well-finished. We like rooms with windows that open and this place has them. The hotel has large enough grounds to have a rather private quality to it and though it is within view of the highway, we never noticed much noise during our stays.

The staff is "Minnesota-friendly" and attentive -- another plus. We give the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center an excellent rating, with bonus points for offering extremely reasonable rates for this class of property.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2003

Radisson Hotel and Convention Center The hotel was very clean and the
staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a family reunion there and
were very pleased. Note: The address is misleading, it is not located
on Campus Drive. All that address gets you to is a parking garage. You
might want to call them to get directions. It is quite close to the
Ridgedale Shopping Mall.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!