“Quick pass through, Clean, Efficient”

Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Quick pass through, Clean, Efficient”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Arrived late in the rain, friendly greetings, great front desk personality, 7 hours in the room and checked out on a wet pavement. Hotel was very clean, room super clean, comfortable bed, big TV! Very quiet although facing industrial side of hotel. Will for sure stay again. Only not 5 stars as I didn't use any services, so can't comment.

Room Tip: it's a low, long hotel, so if walking is a problem as to be closer to elevators.
Green Features: real glasses....I liked that! Did not see any other enviro actions pro or con
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello Farmerwithdlrs2spend!

Thank you so much for sharing your great review with everyone on Trip Advisor! I'm glad that we were able to provide you with everything you needed for your stay with us- I'm sorry it couldn't have been longer! I hope that you have a chance to stay with us again soon and take advantage of our wonderful facility so that we have a chance to earn a five star review from you!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. It is the best ever! From the moment I registered I was treated like a special guest. The check in staff were superb. All employees I came in contact with were very friendly. The accommodations were excellent. The facility is beautiful and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Minneapolis. It is very conveniently located. I would rate it on the top of my list of hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
JerryD304,

Thank you so much for writing this excellent review! It sounds like we have met our goal in creating a home away from home for you. I'm glad that we were able to take care of you with a friendly staff and a clean and comfortable room; the little things often make the biggest difference!

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked on Priceline. Made bid for $68. Got here at 1:00 am after driving in. Called ahead since we would be late. Non smoking room Queen bed. No worries they said. When I checked in no mentioned made if smoking room. Just said I got the last room because they were 100% full. Got to room and it wreaks of smoke. Call front desk and he said you booked on Priceline. I can give you any room I want. I don't have to honor your request. That's how it is with Priceline he tells us. At 1:30 am too tired to argue anymore. I book with Priceline three nights a week. Sometimes four. I have Never been treated this way.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ebrundo
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Ebrundo,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. I can assure you that no matter how much someone pays to stay with us or how they book with us, all of our guests deserve and should receive exceptional service. Unfortunately, there are nights when we are sold out and the only available rooms are smoking rooms; the non refundable nature of some reservations booked through third parties does make it hard for us to guarantee a specific room type for every guest. I do hope that you consider staying with us again so that we can turn around your opinion of our hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I experience panic when I book any hotel room. Will it be clean? Will it smell? Will I find mold in the bathroom? Is the bed clean? Are the rugs clean?.... I have immediately checked out of so many hotels that I checked into because of conditions that I find to be deal breakers. I had a last minute, poorly planned trip to the Mpls area for a wedding.After I 'interviewed' several people at the Crowne Plaza, I booked a room. I was SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! From the minute you enter the hotel lobby, the decor is strikingly beautiful and in great taste. The check in went quickly and was very pleasant. They honored my request for a room on a higher floor. The room was immaculate and appeared to have been very recently renovated with granite counter tops in the main room and bath. Water pressure was so much better than most hotels. Beds was very comfortable and I was able to get a good nights rest after traveling. The next morning I went to the lobby where the hotel supplied free coffee. It was raining/pouring and the comfortable decor of this hotel/lobby provided the perfect place to watch the rain while having morning coffee. The hotel has a restaurant and a weekend buffet. I was super impressed with the food choices on the buffet as well as the breakfast menu.
I will absolutely return to this hotel when I am back in Minneapolis!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello Patti M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor! I'm glad that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of every experience that you had with us. Being able to read and share these reviews with our staff is extremely rewarding; we love to hear feedback on how we are doing. Our ambiance is definitely very unique and atypical for modern hotels, but we do find that our guests appreciate the nicer touches that we add to make our guests' stays relaxing and enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time in your area- we are at your service!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel is decent and could easily be a 4 star but I just too many issues.

1. When I checked in and got my room key I couldn't get into my room. I called the front desk and I had to wait 5 minutes for a maintenance guy to come. He eventually got in and told me that some of the locks you have to unlock you have to pull the door handle up and not downwards which is normal. he said as the locks wear out moving the handle down doesn't work. Really Crowne Plaza? Stop being lazy and change the locks so I don't have to wait for this to be fixed.

2. I was in the room for 5 minutes and then the was a power outage. It only lasted for 5 seconds before the power came back on, not a big issue but then the TV wouldn't work, it kept saying it was loading for 25 minutes. I called the Front Desk and they told me it could take 2-3 hours. So now I am in my hotel room with nothing to do and no TV to watch. This shouldn't happen. The next morning when I woke up the TV still didn't work.

3. The front del lady said she would give me a free breakfast for my troubles, when I got my bill it was still on there and I didn't feel like explaining it all to the new desk person so I just paid it.

4. I had the AC set at 66F and it never got even close to that cold.

Maybe I should have given a 2 star for all my issues but I wanted to be fair, if everything went well it would have been a 4.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AZTVLR71
Dear AZ Traveler,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than remarkable. It sounds like our recent momentary loss of power caused quite a few issues for you and for that I do apologize. When things happen that are out of our control, it is our job to make things right and to take care of our guests, and it sounds like we fell short of your expectations here. I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me so that I can get some more information about your room. I would be happy to make sure your breakfast is taken care of as promised and I would like our maintenance staff to take care of the door issue.

As you can probably see from reading other reviews from our guests here, we do take pride in providing exceptional service to our guests, and we would love the chance to have you back again so that we can provide you with an experience that is more reflective of the standards that we hold ourselves to.

763-559-6600
ken.delecki@cpplymouth.com
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I attended a 2-day class at this hotel, and was thrilled to find that it is on the bike trails that take you to the surrounding suburbs, and into Minneapolis. Elise, at the front desk provided me with a map of the local trails, and guided me in the right direction which was just great. I was impressed by her knowledge of the local trails, and her enthusiasm and professionalism. Thanks, Elise!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ken D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Antonia B,

Wow- thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and acknowledge Elisa! We love receiving these reviews as much as we love giving our guests these personalized experiences. We are very lucky to be surrounded by such a nice area for outdoor recreation, but we are even luckier to have staff like Elisa who have the expertise and passion for what they do.

Thank you again for this review, and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've stayed here several times for conferences and and wedding reception, and I've always been pleased with my stay. Their conference facilities are excellent and the staff keeps the place well-run. I rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean. Even though the property is just off a main highway, many of the views of the property create the feeling of staying on a pretty prairie. There is a walking path on the property, and even a fire pit outside. The staff whom I encountered--front desk, bellman, restaurant, bar, room service, housekeeping--were all friendly. Beds are very comfortable. The internet speed was great in my room. If I had to nitpick to find negatives, I guess they would be: The faucets in the restrooms around the conference facilities only had ice cold water for hand washing; while I had an excellent Cobb Salad for lunch, the service was pretty slow (a little frustrating when you have a timeline to stick to), and the room service breakfast I ordered was about 15 minutes later than they said it would be (also frustrating when on a conference schedule). That being said, I could have just eaten at the lunch or breakfast buffet, but I don't care for buffets. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tara J,

Thank you so much for writing this excellent review of us on Trip Advisor! I'm so happy to hear that you had an excellent experience with us. I'm glad that you appreciated our setting on protected wetlands- this time of year is perfect for our guests to enjoy a nice walk, jog or bonfire. More importantly, I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating and that our pride in what we do hear is noticed from our clean rooms to our wonderful restaurant options. I can't wait to share your review with our staff to acknowledge their hard work.

Director of Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!