“Great place to stay/convene”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was really impressed with this property from the moment I walked into the front door! The lobby is open and spacious with large sofa's and chairs arranged to allow people to sit and talk. The staff who checked me in identified themselves and made it clear if I had a problem to come and see him/her. There were fresh cookies and water with lemon slices and fresh apples. The hallways are carpeted leading to all the rooms of dark rich colors. Rooms are located on either side of a spacious area open to the ceiling from the ground floor. Their you find stairways to use instead of the elevators. My room was clean and well equipped with a flat screen TV and internet service. The beds were firm. There are several restaurants on the property and each of them served meals which were reasonably priced and well above the norm in terms of quantity and quality. I'd easily add 10 pounds in a week if I was allowed to eat there for that time. The meeting and conference rooms were numerous and of varying sizes to satisfy your needs. Prices were in line with staying at a property of this quality. The only concern is location. I'm not sure you'd find this place using a GPS as it's rather well hidden amongst other large properties which are around it. That said, don't avoid it because it's worth the visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Jerrod S, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

BroncoMike,
What a thrill to receive your review of our property. Our staff always appreciates being recognized for their excellent customer service and their image in our customer’s eyes is what drives them. It will be a pleasure to share this with the staff as we continue to hold some of the highest customer services scores in the Hospitality industry. We also always love hearing about our food and what a great way to experience what we offer by attending our pasta Buffet on Friday evenings. It continues to be a must see while staying with us. With the award winning food that our culinary team produces it is easy to see why our 21,000sq Athletic Club comes in handy! Thank you again for your great review of our property and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Jerrod Simkins
------------------
Director of Operations
e - Jerrod.Simkins@CPplymouth.com

Reviewed February 9, 2013

What a treat to find a place so lovely and welcoming and at such a great value. Perhaps we were there off peak, but we were so happy with our room rate considering all the amenities; a sleek and spotless room, a gorgeous building, fitness center, business center, covered free parking, courteous staff, fresh baked cookies in the lobby and a great marshland view out the window. Only a few blocks to I494 and great access to western suburbs and downtown Minneapolis. Kids want to stay here every time we go to Minnesota now.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having family in the NW Suburbs and wanting a quick route downtown for destinations such as Target Field and the Target Center, we look for hotels that are close to both. The Crowne Plaza is absolutely the place that accomplishes both. My boys like the saline pool and LOVE the Sunday brunch at the restaurant. My wife is a huge fan of the in-room Keurig and the access to the health club during our stay. Me, I like the Wi-Fi, and the fact that my family enjoys the stay!

Room Tip: There aren't bad rooms, the Interstate noise is negligable, but if you're sensitive, go high...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've spent many nights in this hotel both for business and with family. Absolutely no fault with this hotel. Good and reasonably priced food. Very genuinely helpful and knowledgeable staff. Big comfortable room, nice relaxation areas and well upkept. Looking forward to staying here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am a regular in this place, spend about100+ nights in 2012. The staff is friendly and eager to please, the food is ok and the beds comfortable. The hotel is on walking distance from a nice lake and that allows for great spring, summer or fall hikes.. The gym is above average.A hotel cannot replace a home but this hotel has enough of a homely touch and stilll the minimum require services to consider it longer stays

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay in the Minneapolis area quite often due to family in the area, but this was our first visit to the Crowne Plaza in Plymouth.
The lobby and staff were great. The room however, left much to be desired. I don't expect much from a hotel, but I do expect the rooms to be generally clean. We ended up in a room near the pool which was good for my daughter but was almost dungeon like. There was mold all over the shower and the side of the toilet. This clearly hadn't been actually cleaned in some time. The floor between the bed and nightstand hadn't seen a vacuum in a while and between the mattress and wall was filled with hair, dust and who knows what else. Several areas o the room were also very dusty. The exit near our room was also a door to the fitness center (which is also available to the public) and even though I did see a card reader the door to get to the hotel was never locked. Even late at night.
I probably should have requested a different room, but we were busy with family so I let it go. Maybe we just were unlucky with a bad room?? But I don't think we will return to find out. My brother in law and his wife stayed at the Residence Inn down the street and had no problems. I think we will stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank sroskup
Jerrod S, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear sroskup,
I wanted to take the time and thank you for your review of our property. It is always wonderful to hear about our professional staff and décor of our lobby. We and the staff all love hearing guest feedback and take great pride in it. We will engage with our executive housekeeper in that area to see what could have happened. Our guest satisfaction scores for cleanliness are some of the highest in the industry so it is very dis-hearting to hear of your experience. That being said anytime you stay with us we are here to make things right and ensure our guest’s satisfaction. We would have loved an opportunity to hear about this issue while you were in house as we would have made it top priority to accommodate you and your family without question.
The next time you travel to Plymouth I highly encourage you to return to the Crowne Plaza Mpls West and allow us to show you why we take such great pride in our rooms, facilities and staff. We offer an array of amenities and outlets that our local competitors do not. If you have any questions or would like to return please feel free to email me. I would love a chance speak with you about another opportunity to visit the Crowne Plaza Mpls West

Jerrod Simkins
Director of Operations
Jerrod.simkins@cpplymouth.com

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I travel often to Minneapolis and as a long suffering Priority Club member I end staying in Holiday Inn properties. I had tried to stay at this Crowne Plaza previously but they were completely booked. Now after staying at the property I know why the hotel is so popular. The staff are welcoming as is the design of the hotel itself. It really doesn't feel like a hotel as the hallways feel like village streets and the bar and fireplace are so inviting. This hotel is now my favorite in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Guy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!