“An Oasis on the westside of Minneapolis”

Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I travel often to Minneapolis and as a long suffering Priority Club member I end staying in Holiday Inn properties. I had tried to stay at this Crowne Plaza previously but they were completely booked. Now after staying at the property I know why the hotel is so popular. The staff are welcoming as is the design of the hotel itself. It really doesn't feel like a hotel as the hallways feel like village streets and the bar and fireplace are so inviting. This hotel is now my favorite in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Guy P

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights with some friends . . . Front desk staff were more than accommodating, ready to answer any questions and offer assistance. Rooms are extremely comfortable . . . Great beds and linens . . . Room service was nice . . . Lots of variety . . . . Nice breakfast buffet with lots of choices . . . Very relaxing bar . . . .definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms do give you a few more luxuries.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Crowne Plaza is a little bit out of the way in the western suburbs but it is very comfortable, almost elegant and visually appealing as well. The rooms are well-furnished, the public spaces are relaxing and inviting and the attached fitness center is elaborate and well-equipped. The architecture is unique and interesting--I just love roaming through this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights this fall. I was impressed by the friendly and available staff. I loved that the hotel was not only allowed me to have my dog, but welcomed her with treats and available green space and paths for her to exercise on! I also enjoyed the breakfast that was available to us. I only wish I would have been able to experience the pasta bar that was available on Friday night. The aroma filled the entire lobby and it smelt delicioius!!! I was also very impressed with the size and comfortability of the room. I feel it was a great hotel for the price!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Fantastic Staff and impressive suite. The staff was very friendly and sharply dressed. The check-in process was as quick and simple as any hotel I have ever been at. The Fireside bar was very comfortable and also had fantastic service and great drinks. I will be back next time I'm in town from Champlin.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Diplomat Suite and was impressed with the size of the room(s) and quality of the decor...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

To be clear: I did not STAY at this hotel.
I experienced it from the point of view of an individual setting up and attending a conference in their facilities.
From that angle, the Crowne Plaza was excellent. Their people were easy to work with and willing to negotiate. Prices are reasonable. When "the day" came for the conference, they handled us spectacularly. The hotel even had a staff person near the entrance, directing conference attendees to the right places for registration and breakfast.
The conference rooms and spaces were great, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and above all - the FOOD was amazing. AMAZING. Just what you want when you are hosting a conference where people are coming from near and far.
The CP prepared lovely, professional signage for us and were available quickly if something was needed.
The location is a little "out of the way", but for a conference that works out well - you don't tend to have people straying next door to shop!
I would definitely consider them again as a conference venue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a Platinum Priority Club member for more than twelve years, I have come to appreciate the additional services and luxury Crowne Plaza's generally afford. This is an older hotel, but it has been nicely updated with good quality furniture, fixtures, and bedding. The room is comfortable, with the possible exception of a somewhat finicky heating and cooling system.

The main reason for my "average" rating was the lackluster service, general feeling of snobbery, and the distance needed to access your car from your room. At check-in, we were advised that there was a wedding reception taking place, so we should move our car right away. Unlike many properties that have offered upgrades, certificates for breakfast, or some other treat for our Platinum standing, we were told to move our car. We did not plan to stay in the check-in area past the time it took us to check-in, but this comment made us feel unwelcome. Several hours later, when we left for dinner, the reception had not started yet, so I think we could have walked, rather than jogged, to move our car.

It is hard for me to put my finger on what rubbed me the wrong way, but there are locations that manage to feel both elite and welcoming. This location just feels pretentious. In addition, the parking area was a very long way from our room. I would guess that we had a walk equivalent to about 4 city blocks with two outdoor stairways to get to and from our car. Anyone with restricted mobility should consider contacting the property to see if there are other options that would make the property more navigable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jerrod S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

DocAnne1,
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write a review of our property. I cannot stress enough how important all guest feedback is to us as it is imperative to constantly improve our property and product. We take great pride in our property and guest service standards as we are ranked among the top of all U.S. Crowne Plazas for over all guest satisfaction. It is discouraging to hear how your parking issue was handled by our Guest Service Representatives. We strive to ensure that all guests are welcomed in a warm and genuine manner and even more importantly to show how much we value our platinum guests. Again we regret that this issue of parking location impacted your experience at our hotel and would love to not only speak with you further about this issue but invite you back to stay with us in the future.
Please feel free to reach out and speak with me.
Thank you again for your time.

Jerrod Simkins
Director of Operations
Jerrod.simkins@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!