Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
$149
$180
$144
Sheraton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka(Minnetonka)(Great Value!)
$88
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewshealth clubbeautiful hotelmeeting roomfitness centercreekside cafeeuropa roomconference facilitiespasta barkeurig coffee makerthe prime rib buffetbuild your ownparking areasunday brunch isbuffet breakfastwedding receptionfamily reunionnext morning
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I were heading to Minneapolis to celebrate her parentas 59th wedding anniversary. As I am a loyal IHG customer, I always stay at one. This time I decided to splurge ( using my reward nights ) and stay at a Crowne Plaza.

From driving up the road, it appeared to be a very large facility and it was. The lobby was massive. You could tell that it was an older hotel but very well kept. The place was immaculately cleaned.

I met Angela at the front desk. I was all ready for the "script" that consisted of them telling me thanks for being a Priority Club member as well as a "Platinum member". I did not get either. Bummer. I figured with the cars in the parking lot on the 4th of July that I might receive an upgrade to a suite. I am sure they were available but as my mother taught me, never assume.

Once we received our keys ( card ), we went to the room. I was very impressed. It was a businessman's dream! There were outlets everywhere. They also had a business section ( desk ) in the room that had every hookup imaginable. HDMI, ethernet, USB, etc. There was a Kuerig coffee maker in the room. That makes 2 out of 3 Crowne Plaza's I have visited that had one.

The next morning I checked out the "Athletic Club" which is free* to hotel guests. It was very nice. They had ample amounts of free weights, cable machines and cardio equipment. There is also swimming and sauna which I did not use.

There are 2 reasons this hotel did not get the excellent rating from me. The recognition was a small one. ( I can get over that ) but the housekeeping kind of upset me.

On the first full day of our stay, once we returned to the room later that night, I noticed that everything was as it was supposed to be. I had used 2 coffees that morning and 2 cups. They were both replaced. The next morning I used one coffee, 1 coffee cup, the package that the napkin and sugar come in as well as the ice bucket. It was going to be a later start to the day than the previous. We heard a tap on the door. It was 8:30 AM and housekeeping was in full force. We asked her to come back in about an hour. No biggie, right?
When we returned that night, I checked over evrything and noticed that this time, there was no bag for the ice bucket, the coffee that I had used was not replaced, the package that the napkin and sugar came in, the very one I opened was placed nicely against the tray where the coffee goes. The packets of sugar was stacked next to that. Also, my wife noticed that the tub was partially cleaned. This made me wonder if housekeeping had cut any more corners.

I really wanted to give this hotel the full 5 circle rating but I could not overlook the housekeeping thing.

P.S. The room was very quiet. This was a plus.

Room Tip: If you have issues walking, try to get something on the first floor. This is a nice sized hotel and walking from the parking area is a daunting task for someone who has trouble with long distances walking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Woodrow W
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, which took place outside on a very, very hot day. The hotel was a cool, welcome respite from the heat. It has a very pleasant atmosphere and very comfortable. I wish I could have stayed another day and checked out more of the amenities. I was able to check in early and my room was just beautiful. The staff did a great job taking care of the wedding guests and helped me with a wardrobe malfunction, no questions asked. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall so when I was ready to turn in for the night it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a family of 4 staying for a family event. The room was clean and new, however, it was too small. The bathroom was extremely small. We could barely fit 2 people in there at a time. You can’t open and close the door to the bathroom when someone is in there. Bathroom lighting was poor, with floodlights shining straight down on our heads. The refrigerator was small and unnecessarily stocked with candy and drinks, which we had to take out in order to barely store our few items. Also we had a room that adjoined another room next door. And there was no sound barrier at all between the rooms where the door joins. At 1 am, we heard every word our neighbors were saying, not to mention some activities they were doing. It was incredibly annoying. One day the maid service decided to clean our room at 3 pm, after we had been gone all day and wanted to return for naps. And worst of all was the parking. I had to drop my family off at the front door everytime we came back to the hotel. Then I had to go park my car in the lot, which was a nice long walk from the door. This is a newer hotel in the suburbs, not an old hotel in the city; they should be able to provide bigger rooms with larger bathrooms and a parking lot that’s not 200 yards from the front door. So the price was not worth it and and I would not recommend it to others. The breakfast buffet was nice, however.

Room Tip: Don't get an adjoining room - you can hear every word your neighbors say.... and they can hear you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Mike J,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do value all complaints as opportunities to improve our product. Yes, five days in a hotel room with a full family can certainly be taxing and feel cramped I’m sure. We appreciate your nice comments on our newly renovated rooms and our award winning Sunday Brunch.

Thank you for being our guest.

Jerrod Simkins
Director of Operations
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
e - Jerrod.Simkins@CPplymouth.com

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The best part of our stay was how accomodating the staff was with helping to reserve the right room for my family and I. Sandy is awesome and extremely helpful. Top that off with a beautiful hotel and an amazing breakfast the next morning. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you Sandy and Crowne Plaza Team!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2012

While traveling with our 5 month old Bernese puppy...they could not have been more friendly. They have a great location for dog walking and put us in a room close to a back exit. Oh, and the room was great, too!

• Stayed: May 2012