“Jeremy Ebeling-Extremely Satisfied Customer”

Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The best part of our stay was how accomodating the staff was with helping to reserve the right room for my family and I. Sandy is awesome and extremely helpful. Top that off with a beautiful hotel and an amazing breakfast the next morning. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you Sandy and Crowne Plaza Team!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2012

While traveling with our 5 month old Bernese puppy...they could not have been more friendly. They have a great location for dog walking and put us in a room close to a back exit. Oh, and the room was great, too!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Was just at this hotel for a week for a business conference that the hotel also hosted. They do have a lot of space to host business events and they do a great job of facilitating all the scheduling, etc that goes along with that. Snacks and meals provided with the conferences space were yummy and fresh, with a good selection. We also had our meals on site and the food was also fresh, served buffet style, lots of choices and great desserts! The facility also has a nice outdoor area with walking trails, fire pit, volleyball and other games as well as pool tables inside and nice comfy chairs tucked here and there for smaller informal spaces to talk with folks. The lounge area is lively and the drinks are moderately priced. One might our bartender was great, but after that the next several nights the bartender was not very nice and the service suffered as well.

Moving on to the rooms, there were sleep number beds in many of my colleagues rooms and they loved their sleep on them. Rooms are a bit on the small side but all have outside views that are nice. As for me my room was a handicapped access room, as I needed a walk in shower. Overall the room was okay, but it had that dank smell like no one had been in it on a while and felt humid. The bathroom was my biggest negative, with almost no water pressure in the shower and the fixtures walls and floor of the shower were dirty. Also the room had a power strip on the flow beside the bed that was filthy.

I used towels the first night to use the shower but after a long day outside. I needed to wash my hair the next day so I stopped at the front desk to give them a request for the water pressure to be addressed and the shower be cleaned properly. The staff were apologetic and promised to get it fixed while I was attending my afternoon meeting. When I did return to my room, it did look like they came and cleaned some of the shower fixtures,etc but the water pressure was no different and the shower was still not really clean.

I left with mixed feelings about this hotel, most of the staff seemed friendly and inviting, but the level of response to my request was not satisfactory and I never received a follow up to see if things had been taken care of to my satisfaction. I know one other colleage who also had an issue with her room cleanliness as well.
Lastly, the person who checked me in when I arrived was pretty rude and was not very hospitable. I was just presented with a paper to sign for my room and I asked her if the room was king with handicapp acces as I had requested and she answered "well yeah that's what you ordered" and just in general acted like I was interfering with her day in some way. Not a single smile or thank you. But I do want to state that her and the bartender were the only two like that, everyone else I interacted with was friendly and asked if I was rnjoying my stay, etc. there two though was very very much the opposite which is why I mention them. I would like to try this hotel again at some point because maybe this was a one off but for now my review stands.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Cbranch2,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I am sorry to hear about your issues you encountered while staying with us. We love hearing about our giant and newly renovated meeting spaces, sceneic views and plenty of outdoor activities. Our food always gets great reviews and I am glad to hear that you were able to expiernce these things while you stayed with us.
Water pressure and cleanliness issues are not common issues we deal with so I would love the opportunity to speak with you to futher our investigate your room number and dates of stay. This will assist us in correcting any kind of deficiencies we need to address. It is important to us that you Crowne Plaza experience is one that is great and memorable.

Please feel free to contact me at your leisure as I would love a chance to speak with you in person.
Jerrod Simkins
Director of Operations
Crowne Plaza Mpls West
Jerrod.Simkins@cpplymouth.com

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I booked our stay through Hotwire for 3 adults and 1 child. When checking into the hotel the desk clerk indicated that they only had a room with 1 queen bed and that they could add a roll away bed for us. That still wasn't going to accomodate 3 adults and 1 child. The hotel indicated that Hotwire's request to them was for 2 adults and 1 child (although my confirmation from Hotwire indicated 3 adults and 1 child). Within a matter of a couple of minutes the Director of Operations came to talk to us. He gave us another room for free, even though the problem wasn't the fault of the hotel...it was Hotwire. He, and his staff, were very gracious and accomodating! The hotel was fantastic. They took a very unpleasant and embarassing situation and turned it into a positive experience. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. I know we will stay there again, but I will call there directly to book my stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during Mother's Day weekend with my 8 year old son. It was just a quick getaway. I got a great rate on Hotwire for this place.

We checked in to room 0024 (first floor by the pool) and had two double beds nonsmoking. The room was SPOTLESS. It was so clean! The furnishings and decor looked new.

There was free internet and the hotel was attached to an athletic club. The guests had access to the athletic club. We specifically asked for a room near the pool and that is what we got! It was perfect. The room was on the other side of the property from the lobby and the restaurant, but that didn't matter to us.

The pool was nice. It could use a little cleaning on the tile, but that's all. Since it is an Athletic Club, others were there having swimming lessons, so we had to stay out of the way. Once they were done, we had the pool to ourselves.

We also played racquetball. It was $5 per person to rent the equipment. We had a lot of fun running around in there.

The staff at the front desk and the Athletic club were very nice and helpful.

The hotel is tucked by a residential area. It is a very short drive up the street to Target, Gas Stations and many restaurants to eat at. A few exits up on the highway in either direction and you have shopping at Ridgedale Mall or shopping in Maple Grove.

You can see the hotel from I-494, but it is very quiet!

Overall we enjoyed our trip. Oh, my son also loved the little arcade they had. There were only about 8-10 games, but he loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northside of the building are by the pool/athletic club.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza frequently for business Monday - Thursday.

Benefits
- excellent gym open at 5:30 with 4 treadmills and several other cardio machines.
- One of the few hotels in the area with a conference center and restaurant
- Shuttle available to area shops and restaurants
- Priority Club evening reception - weeknights
- Renovated Rooms available on request
- Friendly Front Desk Staff

Room Tip: Tips - ask for a renovated room - book early - hotel fills up for conferences - top floor is quie...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and family have had to travel up to MSP 6 times this year for aging parents. We have always stayed at the Crown. The staff is always friendly from the front desk to the resturant and bar area. The rooms and hotel were always spotless. The staff made us feel welcomed and appericiated. We will definetly choose this hotel again and again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!