Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
$60
$53
$118
Hampton.com
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel(Minnetonka)(Great Value!)
$178
$169
Sheraton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka(Minnetonka)(Great Value!)
$109
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshealth clubbeautiful hotelmeeting roomfitness centercreekside cafeeuropa roomconference facilitiespasta barkeurig coffee makerthe prime rib buffetbuild your ownparking areasunday brunch isbuffet breakfastwedding receptionfamily reunionnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West for 1 night in August 2011. Booked through Hotwire at a rate of $50/night. Very clean, quite and convenient to the Interstate. Sleep number beds were a nice bonus. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Friendly pleasant front desk. Breakfast buffet was convenient. Overall great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Nice hotel with nicely appointed rooms, sleep number beds and very nicely kept common areas. If you're wanting Minneapolis accommodations then the location isn't the greatest but we were passing through so the location was perfect for our route.

We ate in the lounge and the food was very good, although the service was fairly slow. Parking has a few spots up near the circular driveway at the entrance otherwise it's a parking lot fairly removed from the entrance. We didn't really want to park our motorcycles in a remote lot and after speaking to the valet he was very helpful in arranging a spot near the entrance for us to leave them.

I would book here again especially with the killer priceline deal we got.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here over the weekend for a small conference. The organizer warned us that this hotel was very popular for weddings, so when we made our reservations, be sure to request a "quiet room." I'm glad I did, because there was a wedding on Friday and on Saturday. The 5th Floor is designated as their Quiet Zone and when I arrived in my room, there were ear plugs, an eye mask, and lavender spray in a nice amenity pack. Of course, I was a bit nervous because they were giving out earplugs right away, but I found the floor to be very quiet.

The hotel is located in an office building area. There is a Red Robin restaurant long with a pizza cafe and Starbucks nearby. Really, there isn't much else nearby.

The hotel is set to undergo renovations, so the room decor is a little bit dated except for the large flat screen TV. Unfortunately, the reception on the TV was poor and the hotel "menu" option (where you can check out using your TV remote, etc.) was not functioning. Aside from that, the room was clean and housekeeping was good.

The drawbacks of the hotel include parking (as mentioned). I was here in July, when the weather was decent, but I pity travelers who are here in January with all the snow and ice.

Another frustration was that I couldn't find a board listing where our meeting was being held. Sure, there were signs for the wedding party, but no board listing all the events going on at the hotel. This was particularly frustrating in the morning when I was trying to find my meeting room. Be forewarned -- the meeting rooms are located to the left of the front desk when you walk in from outside, while the actual hotel rooms and dining areas are on the right. Having just come off foot surgery, this was a bit of a challenge for me because I couldn't walk long distances.

I had dinner and lunch at the Creekside Cafe. The menu had some nice twists (naan pizza) and was relatively inexpensive. The lunch, however, was a bit confusing. It was a buffet with a really nice salad bar, soups ... and that was it. The chafing dishes that were on the counter were only used in the evening. I wish the restaurant would have covered them or the wait staff would have been clearer that there was a salad bar only. While there were lunch meats for sandwiches, the bread was at the beginning of the bar and the sandwich fixing at the end, so it wasn't logical. Plus. the lines were pretty long when we were there for lunch. Still, the salad bar was very good, the soups offered delicious, and the desserts very tasty.

Sunday breakfast was served in the Europa Room and, like lunch, it was a buffet. Our server was very clear on the cold and hot versions of the buffet ($10 and $13, respectively). Compared to other full service hotels, this pricing is very reasonable. I opted for the hot buffet and had a made-to-order omelet. Over all, the food on the breakfast buffet was very good.

The meeting space, as mentioned, can get a little confusing. Our meeting room was on the lower level, accessible by stairs or by an elevator down the hallway. Our meeting room had natural lighting (yay! So rare for corporate hotels!) and was quiet when the door was shut. Housekeeping kept the room clean and the water refreshed.

Finally, yay for free wireless internet! As a frequent business traveler, I can't tell you how frustrated I get when I'm charged $13/night for internet access. Cheers to the Crowne Plaza for offering free WiFi when other full-service hotels don't.

Room Tip: Request a room on the quiet floor!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This place was really nice, great adjoining health club. It has a nice little restaurant, the rooms were new with large flat screens. I did have two complaints about the place. First the parking garage/lot is very far away from the main lobby, i know there is nothing they can do about that, if you arrive with luggage try to drop if off at the lobby and then park the car. Second, the complementary beverage (booze, wine, fruit...) ended at 6pm, i like to think of my self as the target audience for these type of hotels, i'm usually working till at least five and i don't get to the hotel by 6pm. There was another girl complaining that some jerk at her work scheduled a 5pm meeting, who does that? I'm not sure how much they usually charge but i got a local company's rate of 99 a night which was a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business