“Great Place to stay”

Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The room, the bed the shower and the internet access were all great. The kids pool and hot tub were a blast.. We enjoyed the play at the in house Theatre. We ate at the attached restaurant and had a great experience. We bought the "Play and Stay" package which is a great deal. We plan to come again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond P

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stopped here after a long day of driving, got in around 10:00 pm. The front desk lady was not very hospitable but the manager at the attached restaurant/bar couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. By the time we got checked into our room (small suite) the restaurant was about to close but he hooked us up anyway and the food was awesome. Try the walleye it was some of the best I've ever had and I've eaten a lot of it! And even if your not a Mia Tai drinker (I'm not)try one of their bartenders own recipe, it was fantastic! The suite was small but fine for an overnight stay but will book the large one on our way back. The bed was heavenly and everything was very clean and did I mention they've got killer doughnuts at the breakfast bar! Don't forget the jacuzzi, great way to wind down.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
jnygaard, General Manager at Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased you found the food and drink exceptional at our Green Mill restaurant and lounge. We are also glad you found your suite and bed comfortable and the jacuzzi relaxing. We will definately work on improving our guest service on the evening shift. Again, Thank you for your comments.

John Nygaard

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The kiddie pool is great if you have toddlers. The price of the room is very reasonable and the little ones have a blast in the kiddie pool. My one complaint is that the AC was not turned on yet as it was still considered winter. Our pool-side room needed AC as it never went below 80 degrees.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great water park for young children. My only suggestion would be to get a room as for away from the pool as possible if you want to get any sleep at night. The staff seems to let people stay up to all hours in that area and they are loud. For the price it is a great value!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Good location for Plymouth and surrounding area. Rooms are quiet and clean. Breakfast is a plus. Nice indoor pool. Dinner theater on site. Access to major arteries. I'm not too wordy and this won't go through unless I write 200 words or more so the rest is not going to be very useful, but as I have taken the time to fill out the survey and don't want to have the time and effort to go to waste, I am going to ramble. Also I am going to criticize this requirement by saying as I now know of your requirement or it will be pitched, I don't intend to fill out another one for this (optional) TripAdvisor site.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is the first review I have ever written. I feel the need to let future travelers know how disappointed they might be. First I'd like to say I've stayed at other Kelly inns and have not had any issues. We decided to stay here for the price & pool area. The price was right but due to the motel allowing every local to have a kids birthday party we only got to use the pool for about a half hour on our 2day stay. There were nothing but disrespectful locals (that bring all there unregistered guests) that rent out every poolside room and let there kids run crazy in the pool. I,m thinking there was about 60 to 80 people in a small area. The pool had hair all over in it and was a mess from the parties going on. Basically this is a local pool hangout. After reading other reviews from others I can see this is management problem that is not going to be addressed. I'm sure during the week it wouldn't e that bad.
Bottom line if you have kids and want to enjoy a pool for your stay. Go somewhere else and don't disappoint your kids.

Also we were on second floor balcony pool view and our room was 76 degrees the whole time because cooling was not working.
Room was average and breakfast was as good as a free breakfast would be.

Room Tip: Room in another motel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
jnygaard, General Manager at Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our property. We are truly sorry our popular pool area was so busy this past Saturday. We do not allow birthday or pool parties at our facility as a policy on Fridays and Saturdays. We apologize for the lack of consideration some guests have for other customers as well. We will look at issuing wrist bands to guests at check in as well as adding staff to monitor the pool area on weekends as a way to minimize overcrowding situations in the future. We are happy that you did enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet.

John Nygaard

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Have stayed here several times previously and felt it was slowly sliding down hill a little. Because the location is so good for me I did once more and felt a lot of improvements had been made. The room had been cleaned up from some unecessary structures and was very clean . Good nights sleep. Friendly staff. The breakfast was way above average with very many selections. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth

Been to Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!